hf1

Cloth at nursery.

My avatar
AAMum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Cloth at nursery.

Postby AAMum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Ours were fine. DS was the first child to attend that wore cloth but the owner used BG's on her son so they didn't have a problem and changed him more regularly. I stuck to BG's & BBOS.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 pm

I came accross all sorts whilst working in nurseries (namly BG's, flexitots, bamboo little lambs, motherease OS/sandies and prefolds) :) When i took Megan back to work with me after mat leave they were great about cloth, we started out with her BG's but we got leaking issues and couldnt sort it so i started taking prefolds and ME rikki wraps and it was a great set up :) The only thing that drove me a bit mad was them putting wet nappies in nappy sacks and then into the wetbag...but working at the nursery i knew it was standard practice and just let it be :)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:32 pm

megansmummy wrote:I came accross all sorts whilst working in nurseries (namly BG's, flexitots, bamboo little lambs, motherease OS/sandies and prefolds) :) When i took Megan back to work with me after mat leave they were great about cloth, we started out with her BG's but we got leaking issues and couldnt sort it so i started taking prefolds and ME rikki wraps and it was a great set up :) The only thing that drove me a bit mad was them putting wet nappies in nappy sacks and then into the wetbag...but working at the nursery i knew it was standard practice and just let it be :)

mine do this!!

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Conan`s nursery does this too, it doesnt bother me too much , as you said its just what they do.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Ours did the plastic bag thing but I put my foot down about it and they don't anymore...
Me returning the plastic bags for them to re-use finally got the message home!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 pm

ours did that, but only for the dirty ones not the wet ones. they said they had to in case one of the older kids opened the bag.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks - the only people who have looked after her before have been grandparents and they both my husband and I were in cloth when we were younger (terries) so they were ok with the concept and our nappies and dry pailing were a lot easier than the systems they had used.

We had a few issues when we started introducing AIOs as some fitteds went with wraps and so on, but all in all it's been really good.

I was just quite surprised that cloth seemed to be so alien to them - they asked if Moo is a veggie, I think they may have the lentil-weaving sterotype in mind!

By the sounds of it, sticking to one nappy will be the easiest thing to do... I wonder if we can get a discount for not using thier disposables?

Oh and does anyone send in washable wipes? I asked for cotton wool as they just use Pampers wipes, but we are thinking of using washable wipes at home - would nurseries use them to, do you think?

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:13 pm

We send in ll nappies into nursery, and they're fine with it. I did initially send in some of our wipes too, but they said they'd prefer to use cotton wool and water. I have had to have a few words with them about how to check the nappy was on properly (to make sure there weren't leaks for clothes to get wet, or worse!), and they're getting the hang of it. All the nurseries we looks at were quite happy to use our cloth nappies, but we didn't think to ask for any discounts in that case! The one we settled on in the end actually requires parents to send in nappies for the children, so it wouldn't have applied to us, but not sure about other local nurseries :-?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:19 pm

We send washable wipes as well and there fine with using them xx

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat