hf1

What differences between Close pop-ins - original, V2, V3?

My avatar
babytoo
Clothie
Clothie

What differences between Close pop-ins - original, V2, V3?

Postby babytoo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi, can someone please explain to me the differences between the Close pop-in nappy versions? Their website is a bit rubbish.

Am I right in thinking that the orignal version is the bamboo version (i.e. nappy outer, pop-in and booster are all made of bamboo)?

V2 is the dream-dri and made from microfibre (outer, pop-in and booster)?

V3 is improved fit dream-dri also made from microfibre?

Also, are the original bamboo versions also called "dream-dri"?

I have searched the web to try and find out the difference between the 3 versions but not been very successful. Also, if anyone has any photos of the dream-dri version three, can they post them as I am sure I read this was more of a minky fabric.

Thanks and sorry for being so duh :oops:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What differences between Close pop-ins - original, V2, V3?

Postby e586 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:28 pm

the original is the bamboo inner, and a cotton-topped pul outer shell. They had 2 versions of this. The first had 2 laundry tabs, the more recent has only one. People were having leak issues with the first version I believe, but that hasn't been a problem for us in the second version. The first version was also when they were "Modern Baby" instead of Close Parent so the label on the older ones will say Modern Baby. Just something to look out for if you are thinking of getting some secondhand. You won't see this nappy called "dream dri", it'll just be the Pop-in Bamboo :)

The put out the dream dri (v2) version last year. It has the same outer, and a microfibre inner. Very quick to dry!! (big bonus) And actually for us it lasts as long as a bamboo, which I was surprised by.

The new dream dri (v3) is very nice! They've taken the cotton off of the outer, and replaced the microfibre inner with minky, though it has a stay-dry layer on top. It's made the nappy slimmer and they say more absorbent (again, they all work fine for us so can't verify this one!) and the only negative is that they upped the price :(

Their website still says microfibre for the dream dri, but it's the new v3 one as they've upped the price from the old one. They need to update that! You might find some v2 dream dri on sale on some websites, but I think most places only had the pumpkin colour left as they stopped distributing the v2 to make room for the v3.

I posted some pics of the new dream dri when it first came out, will find the thread and put link on here for you. I really like it!

HTH!

My avatar
babytoo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babytoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks! That's really helpful!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm not a fan of the dream dri, the top layer is very smooth but feels like synthetic silk. The bamboo is much better. We have the bamboo night boosters, and they work v. well, they are the only night nappies that we have and they go from 7:30 till 8-ish without any leaks of issues.

I'm really impressed with them.

All the inserts work with all the shells, so you can get newer shells with older boosters, if you're not careful...

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat