hf1

:'-( advice please

My avatar
Samm1985
Clothie
Clothie

:'-( advice please

Postby Samm1985 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Firstly hello to you all, never posted on CNT other than classifieds! My name is Sam, mummy to Xavier who is 8 months old on Wednesday!

Anyway I desperately need some advice. Xavier is in a dispicable, sorry, i mean disposable nappy! This is the first time since he was very young.

He has become an uber wee-er at night and is out weeing evrything and evrything is soaked in the morning (including bedding etc), so far we have tried wnnn, minki (huggles and pockets), monkey snuggles, lls, just velor puddlekins, bg flips with various combinations of boosting, nothings working :cry: Anything else I can try .......please don't say a puddlekins wool as I don't feel the chance of me being able to get hold of one is very likely :giggle: anything more obtainable out there?

Next question, Xavier went to bed in LLS with 3 ll bamboo and an ep hemp and still soaked through and has come up in horrible welts and a rash (which is why he's in dispicables). So has anyone got any cloth friendly rash treatments as in the day he we manage fine in pockets!

Sorry for the miserable post just hate seeing the horrible state of his poor bits :( and am running out of ideas!

Samx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: :'-( advice please

Postby rhead » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:44 pm

What's the lining of the LLS? I found Lili was fine in OBV or whatever during the day but overnight she got really red and sore unless I put a fleece/minkee liner in.

Other than that, I'll step aside and let the parents of uber-heavy-wetters step in :wink:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:47 pm

:ideaWhat do u stuff the minkis with? We can't get a good fit now but when Nathan was about 9 months we were stuffing with 2 pd bamboo and 2 EP Hemp. I find the LL bamboo boosters pretty rubbish myself, nowhere near enough layers. I think the puddlekins silent night originals are more absorbent than the just velour ones. Was your LLS a heavy wetter one ? Ems at puddlekins does nappies customised. you have to weigh nappys before and after wear to work out how absorbent they need to be. Are u lining your nappies with fleece/minki?

My avatar
Samm1985
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Samm1985 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks ladies.

Using fleece or minky liners on nappies without that already.

The lls was preloved so not sure what it was, have got another lls hw ont the way so will be able to compare. I also have a silent night puddlekins on the way too so will try that out. On the minkee nappy front we haven't stuffed for a while (sold the nappies as they weren't working, perhaps I should've persevered) I also have ordered some zorb (a piece form lush tush).

I'm determined not to go back to disposables no matter what the cost (don't tell DH :giggle: ).

Ironically the reason we switched to cloth was because dispoables kept leaking all the time!

Thanks again :wine:

Samx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Figured it wouldn't be something so simple, but you never know :giggle:. Good luck hun!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat