hf1

What are your daddy/granny nappies?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What are your daddy/granny nappies?

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:24 pm

Im doing a BF peer support course and the LO's are getting shared care between my OH and my mum. Both havent changed a baby in years :hohoho:

I decided to leave the BG's and greenkids as I figured they couldnt go far wrong with them. The GK was fine but OH still made a bit of a faff with the BG! He opened the rise full (ROo has it on middle) even though I said they were good to go so he ended up with gapey legs. My mum didnt even bother to change him! :x I left a note for Al saying to change him at 11am as he got up at 8am and had a good feed then DF would have given him juice. So we got home at 4pm and the poor chap had been in the same nappy since 11am. My mum said she didnt know if she was supposed to change him and then said his nappies were too complicated (easyfit and a BG).

I am loathed to buy disposables as I only have 3 more days to complete but I dont want his wee bot getting sore either.

Soooo what nappies do you use for when your OH or granny is doing the changing?

We have BG (applix and poppers), easyfits, greenkids, WN SS and fitteds and wraps.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What are your daddy/granny nappies?

Postby paintedclaws » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:37 pm

I'd leave the GK's out, they really can't go wrong with those. Mike unpoppers the rise of Poppys OS nappies too saying the fit better when they actually cover her belly button like that. But he just helps himself to whatevers ready in the nappy cupboard..Generally an Itti though and he can't go wrong with those so long as he picks the right size for the right child. Not that they last Noah five minutes. :giggle:

And also maybe walk them through the change, pockets are no more difficult to change than a disposable.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:40 pm

I have BG V3s, Easyfits Brights and just sold my BBOS. Could try Happy Heinys too as they are aplix :wink:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Anything Applix for DH, although he know seems to have found the love for DnF's ... mostly because we have lots I think, he didn't like it when we had lots of different ones, he'll go for a DnF everytime now unless I specifiy a Bamboozle in the mornings when I know he's due a mega poo. :giggle: He's not had a go with the Easyfits yet but I imagine he'll like them as they are simple.

My Mum is pretty good with fitteds now as she always offers to change him as she wants to get used to his nappies,
She does them a little loose for my liking but she knows that as long as the wrap is on properly it won't cause a problem and I always send spare wraps in case of a poo leak!
When she looks after him for me she much prefers it if I tell her when to change him as she worries that she is doing is too often/not often enough, so I normally write her a note of feed times & when to change, not times just like 'before 11.30am feed' 'when he wakes from afternoon nap' etc etc.

I have got easyfits for the Childminder and my Stepmum who will both be having him when I go back to work. I am hoping they are idiot proof!

With all of them I have found the key is to get them to change with you watching so you can comment (nicely and without expecting the perfection you would get yourself) they usually get it right after that!

My avatar
leanne16051975
Clothie
Clothie

Postby leanne16051975 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm

OH is great.......he's happy using Onelifes or Totsbots and a wrap when we're at home, but like me prefers to use a pocket nappy when we're out and about.....they're just easier! We don't use disposables as they seem to make Harry's bum sore. Grannies (and grandads) use the pockets, funnily enough they prefer them to a fitted and a wrap......... :giggle:
Leanne x

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Sy is good and uses all our nappies, although he still doesnt know which ones are pocket / aios and which ones are fitteds and cant go under normal clothes. They are in seperate piles but thats obviously not obvious enough for him :roll:

When i first started using cloth i stuck to BGs for Sy and my mum as i thought they were easiest.

The one and only time the outlaws watched Sandy they didnt change him for 5 hours because they didnt know what to do, honestly, surely you would have alook and check to see if it was wet? :x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:39 pm

sy likes the easyfits, and wrestles with taliesin over anything with poppers. he's def a easyfit daddy

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:47 pm

HighlandMum wrote:Sy is good and uses all our nappies, although he still doesnt know which ones are pocket / aios and which ones are fitteds and cant go under normal clothes. They are in seperate piles but thats obviously not obvious enough for him :roll:

Yeah all our fitteds are in a drawer and the pockets are on shelves so I said use anything but the ones in the drawers. OH managed fine apart from the unpoppering to simon cowell status so I think maybe the greenkids would be best for both. That way if my mum forgets again to change him I know they will last him. I left a note for Al saying change at 11am and I hoped my mum would either do before or after the school run but nope! Before would mean a 2.30pm change after would be 3.30pm.

I was going to put the easyfits in but I add a liner and I thought it may make their heads explode LOL

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Mark always reaches for anything aplix over something with poppers. So when I come down in the morning he's always in a BG or Pop-in. I always reach for an itti.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat