hf1

What are your daddy/granny nappies?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What are your daddy/granny nappies?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:51 pm

he does get on okay with my obv dunk n fluff, he likes everything on the tightest snaps, as do i and both mediums and larges fit taliesin this way. what really annoys me though is when sy thinks the dunk n fluff don't need a wrap, then when i get to t and find him soaking i get the 'what' look, grrrrrr

but yeah def easyfits for the dim wits. sy also puts them on the highest rise on taliesin whereas i use the smallest setting

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Hubby uses all ours too but he helps make our diy ones but he did used to always unpopper the rise on our weenotions one size :roll: anything thats will cope not being put on perfect should be ok

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:11 pm

I only gave them BG V3 initally as I thought they were the most similar to disposables and the easiest to use, but sometimes they have been a bit loose - I have now switched to BBSS as I prefer them, and actually Grandma and nursery have been totally fine with them. My DH rarely changes DD but will use anything I put out for him, but I have to put them out for him otherwise he just panics about getting the right one :roll:

I think as long as you show people and tell them what you expect they should be fine - I always tell them to change DD every 3 hours or after a poo - the nappies will last longer but I don't like her to be left too long. :shock: to leaving your DS from 11-5 though that's a :nono:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 am

Easyfits are as close to being idiot proof as you can get!

We have a variety of AIOs, AI2s and pockets. Everyone - gps, childminder etc can get on with all of them, as long as they are ready to go (rise settings done and correct inserts in).

When we used fitteds as well, I made sure all fitteds were plain looking (fluffles/stretchy bamboo), so they knew that if they looked a bit fancy they wouldn't need a wrap, which seemed to avoid any 'to wrap or not to wrap' confusion. They all went for preferred ones - my mum love our WN AI2s, my husband would go with easyfits and my MIL likes Close Parent Pop Ins cos she likes the pretty pastel colours! :lol:

I can't believe your mum hadn't changed his nappy in all that time - I would be hopping mad :furious: we had to tell my mum she was changing Moo to often (she wasn't sure how long cloth nappies will last and changed her every hour or so!). We say either after a poo or about every three hours (depending on naps/food).

Poor little sausage - was his bottom sore?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 am

DP is getting pretty good with cloth now and can even manage poppers now LOL - so he'll generally just pick the first one that's there. BUT he still can't stuff pockets and also doesn't know which nappies need a wrap/cover so if I'm going to be out for the day or something the I have to stuff all the pockets ready and also put any fitteds inside a wrap/fleece soaker so he knows not to use them on their own!

When my nan looks after DD when I'm at work I usually send aplix Coolababys, or if they're not clean/dry then anything front snapping (Issy Bears, poppered Coolababys etc) really - she can't seem to get her head round side snaps.

Rach xx

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:28 pm

they use what i use as that all i have now so it is fitted and wool but i do give then velcro ones on popper as they neaver do them up tighter eonught.

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:20 pm

usually use ittis. but that's the main nappy anyway.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:23 pm

In the end we only had snapping fitteds so they had to use them whether they liked it or not. Dp preffered them once he got used to them though :D

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:23 pm

His bum was thankfully fine. He's not an overly rashy baby anyways which is good. I will be telling her on monday that he needs changed at 2.30pm and to make sure she does it.

Big bonus is that he doesnt poo unless he;s at home and even then he never poos for daddy! We were 10mins in the door on monday and tuesday and he did his poo for the day. Wed cos I was here he did it after breakfast. Odd child but thankful otherwise he could have been very sore.

Sticking with the easyfits I think are they are the most reliable atm.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat