Where can I get a nappy sprayer thingy

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Where can I get a nappy sprayer thingy

Postby scubelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

Hi
I'm fairly new to cloth but we're doing well and I'm enjoying the empty wheelie bin and new cloth nappy buying addiction. We have a very sensitive plumbing system and a septic tank so flushing liners isn't really an option! I have got fleece liners and trying to flick the poo does get rid of some into the loo, but not enough. I'm too squeemish and don't feel I scrub my loo enough to put the liner into the flush or dunk it into the bowl - so I want a nappy sprayer attachment thing. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?
Thanks

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Where can I get a nappy sprayer thingy

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 am

Not sure what you mean by sprayer attachment, but I'm very interested to see if someone else answers!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am

fluffy_mummy wrote:Not sure what you mean by sprayer attachment, but I'm very interested to see if someone else answers!

I don't know either but I think someone on here looked at an ebay one - why not get a cheap shower attachment thingy to use on the taps & spray the poo off over the loo :lol:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 am

We've got a shower hose attatchment thing for the bath that luckily stretches to the loo, so for particulary sticky poo I blast it with that!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:We've got a shower hose attatchment thing for the bath that luckily stretches to the loo, so for particulary sticky poo I blast it with that!

I do this too. There was a post about those sprayer things a few months ago & I have a feeling, if I remember correctly, that they aren't available to buy in the U.K (something to do with plumbing building regs) so you have to get them on e-bay.

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby scubelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi
I found a bumGenius one from US, but wouldn't want to buy incase plumbing is different, but to give you an idea of what I'm talking about....
http://www.bumgenius.com/diaper-sprayer.php

Shower hose attachment from sink may well work and much cheaper I imagine, but would you be fiddling with attaching it while holding onto a pooey liner and trying to stop baba playing with the loo brush...? I'm all about the worst case scenario and the what if's.... :lol:

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby calliflower » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:13 pm

I don't think they work in uk. I've seen them in Australia, but not here. TBH you don't really need one, simply put the liner/pocket nappy outer (make sure the inserts aren't in there) in the loo to soak for a few minutes and 99.9% of poo will come off. If you have some especially 'resiliant' stuff dip the liner up and down a couple of times. Works a treat. You will need to make sure that your nappy bucket/wet bag is close at hand though when you take it out as it will drip (but you would get this even if you did have a sprayer). With practice you will be able to get it out of the loo and into the bin without drips.

Word of warning though, make sure you don't ever 'forget' a liner and flush it away as they have a tendancy to block drains (as do paper ones if you aren't careful!)

HTH

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:34 pm

i have a toilet sprayer, just type in bidet sprayer in ebay and comes up with loads, i piad about £11 including shipping and wrks perfectly, you dont need a specific nappy sprayer they cost so much more and do the same job as a bidet one :)

HTH

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:47 pm

clairelou88 wrote:i have a toilet sprayer, just type in bidet sprayer in ebay and comes up with loads, i piad about £11 including shipping and wrks perfectly, you dont need a specific nappy sprayer they cost so much more and do the same job as a bidet one :)

HTH

Was it easy to fit?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat