hf1

Are there any nappies that are dry straight out of the wash?

My avatar
babytoo
Clothie
Clothie

Are there any nappies that are dry straight out of the wash?

Postby babytoo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 am

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any nappies that are more or less dry to the touch when they come out of the washing machine?

I have some Fuzzi bunz and I have just bought a few Close pop-ins but am really worried I won't have any room to dry so many nappies in our tiny flat. We have no space, already have a toddler and would really need to find the quickest drying nappy or pocket (one that is almost dry once it comes out of the washing machine would be absolutely perfect!).

Also, I have not got any inserts for my Fuzzi bunz yet. What are the best inserts to buy (the most absorbent and the quickest drying or a combination of the two)?

Thanks.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Are there any nappies that are dry straight out of the wash?

Postby monsterm » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:02 am

Microfibre fitted nappies are the quickest to dry. Little lamb microfibre & tots bots fluffles would be 2 types. They are not the most absorbant of nappies though so wouldn't be great for a heavy wetter & also I don't like how they feel.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:11 am

Not many nappies will feel dry out of the wash, esp if they are very absorbant.
A good idea is to use pockets (that don't take long to dry) and have extra inserts.

Microfibre is fast to dry but as PP said it isn't great absorbancy wise.
If your using pockets them perhaps you could use microfibre inserts with some hemp boosters, you'd just need to get some extra boosters to use while the others dry.

Example if you had a pocket with a microfibre insert and a hemp booster, I'd get say 2 extra boosters to compensate for drying times.

hth

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:33 am

Fluffles are great, they were our only nappies when Moo was small. They are absorbant, and I think they only took a few hours to dry indoors, less on the line.

Do you have the bamboo pop ins? Maybe you could get a couple of dream dri inserts? The shells dry quickly so you could use the dream dri inserts while the bamboo inserts dry.

We have some ebay cheapie pockets, which are fleece lined with microfibre boosters, and they take hardly any time at all. They aren't very absorbant though, so you do have to change more often, but they may be useful as stash boosters...

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:55 am

Just hung my nappies out to dry & noticed that my bumgenius outer was almost dry. I don't use bumgenius inserts as they are microfibre (& last only about half an hour on my heavy wetter) but I imagine they are quick drying because they are micro-fibre

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 am

I always used the microfibre inserts on top of hemp / bamboo in pockets. As others have said pocket nappies are sooo quick to dry so then it is just the insert. The microfibre layer will dry quickly, a lot of my inserts were in hemp (Ellas House) and they folded out so they were only 2 layers which I then folded into 3 to get 6 layers. Another very quick drying insert is flat nappys (think old fashioned terries) - bamboo would be the most absorbent (although slower drying than cotton) and as they are only 1 layer would be very quick to dry comparatively. Good luck with your search :D

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 am

As others have said, MF would be the quickest drying, but I think a lot of it depends on your washing machine. The higher the spin speed, the drier the nappies will be after it.

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:38 am

This is probably a bit obvious but I've started pegging my nappies on the airer and find they are a lot quicker to dry than when just hung over double. I think like others have said, i'd get a couple of dream dri inserts for the pop ins which are mega fast drying or some pockets and some extra microfibre inserts. We use Wonderoos V1 and Bumgenius pockets and the outers only take a couple of hours to dry, the inserts will dry after a day on the airer.

Hope you find something that works for you x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Lollipop used to do a couple of different microfibre nappies that were pretty much dry out of the machine, not sure if they're still around or not.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat