hf1

Night Time Nappies

My avatar
hedp27
Clothie
Clothie

Night Time Nappies

Postby hedp27 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:30 am

Hello Ladies, I am newly converted to cloth and I am slowly increasing my collection, but I am unsure about what nappies are good for night time use and I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

Many Thanks

Hannah & Emily x

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

kiwi QF's and bambeasy

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:50 am

hi i use either bamboo kiwi Quick flips, boosted with hemp between nappy and fleece wrap, or bambeasy boosted with its own booster, and a second bamboo booster in the pocket and then again hemp between nappy and fleece wrap.
i find the kiwi QF to be much more absorbant, the most absorbant nappy i own to be honest, and very slim, the bambeasy is fleece lined tho, and has a pocket for the stuffing, so its not as much of a pain as it can be when a non pocket nappy need loads of stuffing.
Both are great options
HTH
Shevi :)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:54 am

We love and use Bamboo baby beehinds, with either a wool wrap or Motherease Airflow

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:15 am

We use a Happy Hempy stuffed with a stuffin and a microfibre insert, a Jumblebums or a Snugglenap all under a pair of wool shorties or longies.

Erica and Jackxx

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:29 am

I'm also a fan of the bamboo baby beehinds. It's our staple night time nappy and is really absorbant with both inserts snapped in. We also always use either a wool soaker or longies over the top :D :D

Sam...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:30 am

I have a Huggle (which I dont' recommend as it is so bulky and there are loads of other nappies with the same absorbancy and less bulk), some Bumbles (got them before they'd released thier bambeasy ones), and some Stuffies (the hemp / terry one is fab and I've even make my own similar to boost my collection).

I tend to use the insert they come iwth and then add a 4 layer of hemp insert and a mf cleaning cloth folded in 3 layers and this does my heavy wetting son with a wool wrap over the top!

HTHS and do come and ask as many questions as you need to :D .

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi Hannah!

We have Standard Minkis I know some use the slinki Minki for night too.

I stuff it with 1 hemp insert or booster then a fuzzi on top then one tiny microfibre booster ontop of that (this being closest to erin's bum iykwim) and she has never been wet. I'm not even sure i need the little mf insert though lol! The first night i didn't but i did it in a fuzzi which wasn't up to the job!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi Hannah,

I started off using Huggles at night, but like Tory I wouldn't recommend them! They are way too bulky. I have a swaddlebees OV which I have to use 2 mf inserts and a hemp for it to keep him dry, a fluffles which is also quite big, but my favourite for night is Ellas House bumhuggers! He is so dry and the inside of the nappy is really try too, but the outside soaking - can't always guarantee he will be that dry with the others but this hasn't let me down yet and I only need to put a mf and a hemp in and it's not very bulky at all!!! Have ordered some more :lol: :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat