hf1

Nappy storage help please

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Nappy storage help please

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Right now we're in the new house & Grace has her own room I deperately need some nappy storage. In the old house the nappies were kept in baskets on Rebekah's dresser but she needs it for her books really & plus the baskets don't hold all the nappies anymore :oops: :oops:

I remember a few of you mentioning the JML storage ladder & they look good but how many will I need for a stash of 80+ nappies?

What do you ladies use? I can't really afford anything too expensive at the moment. Thanks :D

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Nappy storage help please

Postby vampiredreams » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:02 pm

I currently use a 4 shelf bookcase!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:47 pm

We store ours in a big Wonderoo wetbag! Obviously, we don't have 80 though :hohoho:

ETA sorry, completely useless reply from me there!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Probably 3. Each side of the ladder holds 15 nappies although you can probably squeeze more than one of the trimmer nappies in one slot.

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

I use a wicker box thing with a lid and have wetbags inside to split nappies into poppers, velcro and 2 parters. Not got 80 nappies yet but have another box just in case! :hohoho:

Also have a CD tower from ikea which i'm considering putting to use in the future.... :wink:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:06 pm

vampiredreams wrote:I currently use a 4 shelf bookcase!

I could do with something like that but think dh would have a heart attack :giggle: I'm using the cupboard at the bottom of one of our bookcases so I have some downstairs but I've just got 30 in there plus some woollies, wipes inserts, wipes solution etc & I still have 3 boxes to unpack :wink: :giggle:

Louise wrote:Probably 3. Each side of the ladder holds 15 nappies although you can probably squeeze more than one of the trimmer nappies in one slot.

This maybe a stupid question but can you fit more than 1 on each door?

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:45 pm

i keep ours on two bookshelves :hohoho:
but i'm lucky, bookshelves are behind the door, and my DP love it.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:45 am

We are getting two of these:

from Ikea, which will hold all the nappies, wipes, and other bits and bobs. Then it can be used as a bookcase when she is a bit older. I think they are £25 each, they also do good storage cubes/bookcases for about £15 each, I think you would need two for the size stash you have...

We also have a little shelf downstairs which has a couple of nappies, some wipes and so on.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am

i have 2x4 shelve units and a 5 drawer white plastic drawer thingie with mine in, plus various bags of not in use nappies. i didn't get on with the jml door bags, found them flimsy and a pita. but then some ladies here swear by them, i on the other hand, swore at them.......

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat