Best newborn nappies?

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Best newborn nappies?

Postby gem1981 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi ladies
Well my little Tilly is now 10 days old. I've been using mainly ittis on her so far but am not getting on great with them, we are having a few leaks.
I wonder if you could let me know what worked best for you and your newborns please?
Thanks mamas xxx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Best newborn nappies?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:25 pm

this is gonna sound repetitive, but tots bots teenyfits hands down. they were the only ones i haven't had leaks with newborn and up.

and they are non bulky and u wouldn't know they aren't in a sposie!

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Pockets are rarely that great on newborns.....little fitteds are better IMO. Simple nappies like Little Lambs, Tots Bots etc are pretty much bombproof.

Small LLS nappies of course, but that goes without saying :wink: :hohoho:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:42 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:this is gonna sound repetitive, but tots bots teenyfits hands down. they were the only ones i haven't had leaks with newborn and up.

:hohoho: :hohoho: Repetitive? NEVER!!!! :hohoho:

Little Lambs and Tots Bots are good workhorses, not that pretty but do the job well. Heard good things about dunk & fluffs and Luscious Little Somethings too :wink:

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:08 pm

i used little lambs

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:09 pm

I liked bamboozles, little lambs and diddy daipers hen Pea was weeny. I bought 3 bimbles too but found them quite bulky when she was really tiny. Fitteds were way more reliable than anything else, ittis look fab and are slim but don't hold in the pooplosions very well :cry:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:21 pm

i forgot cotton tots and wraps! how could i?lol i nippa those to fit then usually put wool over the top, bombproof! dunk n fluff are excellent too, although sadly the wraps didn't do it for me.

lls are very nice, but a bit of a wait, as they're so nice they're very much in demand, smalls are quite rare too. although we have one small which is fab.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Terry squares -very very cheap and can be used when they are older too. FABulous for containing poo
Little lambs-good value fitted bombproof too, a little bulky on a newborn but didnt bother me because they then lasted til 10 months

I liked little lamb wraps with both of those. I liked tots bots cottons but pretty sure they have stopped making them new now so would have to see if anyone stocks them still or look for preloved.

Bumgenious pockets were alright too. and blueberry pockets.

Fitteds are best tho for poo early days x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:02 pm

bargainbots have some on ebay, i think they were 16.50 for a day pack or something. if ur really stuck though i can part with some, i have oodles of them. but def invest in some nippa's for a little one, i overlap the tabs and nippa to fit, not too bulky that way i find.

but easyfits def contain bf poo. not had a poo leak yet with them, and bf poo is quite explosive i find.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat