Talk to me about wn pockets.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Talk to me about wn pockets.

Postby sophie2198 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:

I'm not sure why they should fit any differently apart from the layin booster - if I lay my WNNN out flat over my WNSS they are pretty much identical - and the WN website says this:

If you like the fit of our NorthernLight's and Side Snap Pocket Nappies then you should love the fit of our NEW AND IMPROVED Night Notions too, as they are based on the same pattern.

We use both large WNNN and WNSS and get on great with the NN, the SS are ok but just tend to wick if we have minkee inner and outer, fleece inner suits us better.

Wss!

Our wnnl , wnss and wnnn (all new versions) are basically identical when laid out on top of each other so dont see how they could fit so differently. :-?

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:09 am

We got terrible wicking with our WNSS until i bought some blueberry OS combo (hemp/ MF) inserts and since then they've been bombproof. As someone said before best to get ones in different minkee patterns if you don't wanna spend loads on embroidery.

DD has outgrown the large SR already and she is only 7 months (she's soo long) she is 19lb tho, don't know what we'll do once she outgrows the high rise.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:36 am

sophie2198 wrote:Our wnnl , wnss and wnnn (all new versions) are basically identical when laid out on top of each other so dont see how they could fit so differently. :-?

And yet, they do! I've always found the pockets to fit perfectly, whereas we have issues getting a good fit with the fitted nappies. Our large NN used to gape horribly by the morning even if it looked OK when it went on :-?. Lili still fits in a medium OBV NN (or NL) but we really have to cinch it in tight - as tight if not tighter than the settings we use on the large SS pockets. I'd imagine it's because the PUL layer makes the pockets slightly less stretchy? Not too sure why that helps in the eventual leg gape department but I've never once had that issue with the pockets.

Annika, what don't you like about the OS? Lili wore those on the medium rise until she was just over 2 years old (until it started unsnapping itself :giggle:) and it gave a nice low rise in the front. And they look fab on :wink: Otherwise, it does sound like the large low rise is the way to go, provided it comes up high enough in the back not to give T builder's bum :giggle: ... I haven't tried one so not sure how they sit!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:40 am

it's all the poppers on the front, reminds me of a game of connect 4! i can handle them on a low setting but that'd be it, i'm not a fan of on display poppers see. and i'm sure the os is front fastening? not a fan of that either!lol am considering buying one, just to try out

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:45 am

On Sophie... a Medium high rise fits lovely but is a pain in the ass to stuff!! The Onesize on medium setting fits like a dream!! Large standard rise also fits like a dream and is great for lots of stuffing!!!

Sophie is about 21lbs wears 9-12/12-18 months tops

Fleece lined wick far less than minky lined.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 am

Have only skimmed this, but is there a reason you are not talking about the AI2?

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:50 pm

I don;t have any but they look so pretty!!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:12 pm

hmmm fluffy mummy i imagine the ai2 would be like a wnnn. Am i wrong?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:17 pm

In my experience, it is quite different. I think the others are all based on the same pattern as the NN (as they are all pockets), but the AI2 seems much trimmer.

We have the large size high rise for Moo, she is on the second smallest size round the waist, so there is plenty of growing room, and she suits a higher rise anyway. I imagine your boys would need a standard rise...

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat