Talk to me about wn pockets.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Talk to me about wn pockets.

Postby happytails » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:
*tinkerbellarella* wrote:i was just thinking about getting one as the nappy fairy one i had made was soooooo yummy, and girly sadly. i'm not a fan of the wnnn and hope that the pockets would possibly be a better fit?

I think the pockets and WNNN are the same pattern - if you try taking the 6 layer insert out of the WNNN and try it on with an insert in the pocket instead that should give you a good idea of fit I think...

Have to disagree there, WNNN fit terribly with DD (with or without 6 layer snap in bit) but the WNSS fit really well, we boost with their own insert, PD or a GK insert.

Amber also fits M high rise quite well Annika - meant to say on my previous post but i only have WNNL in Meds atm x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:48 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:hmmmm i just love the rainbow one, i think hanna's summer one is the one on the website, just want the one as T often is in the house in a t shirt and nappy during the day

x posted with hanna!

It was Summer's 1st bday nappy, but there was a little confusion (think it was my fault) and it got made backwards, so Suzanne very kindly took it back and made another super quick

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:49 pm

WNNNs don't come in standard rise, which we needed so we got a poor fit with the NNs but still a fab fit with the SSs

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:50 pm

We dont overly get on with WNNN but the pockets are great. Ruairidh is a similar build I think and he wears a large standard and a large low rise (17). Both fit him really well and we've never had any leaks.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:
*tinkerbellarella* wrote:i was just thinking about getting one as the nappy fairy one i had made was soooooo yummy, and girly sadly. i'm not a fan of the wnnn and hope that the pockets would possibly be a better fit?

I think the pockets and WNNN are the same pattern - if you try taking the 6 layer insert out of the WNNN and try it on with an insert in the pocket instead that should give you a good idea of fit I think...

My DD outgrew her mediums at about 8 months - she is on 98th% for weight and height though so is a big girl!

Also, if you want to try one but don't want to spend too much get a patterned minkee or fabric cut with minkee - much cheaper than the embroidered ones, but works exactly the same :wink:

the large gaped like a good en on taliesin and we never got a good fit with the wnnn, and i found the rise a bit simon cowell for my liking. i like them to be on his hips, not up to his tits....... :giggle:

sarah still thinking on the pk hun, as it's for oakley i'm worried it may not fit. he's in smalls and almost mediums now, night time wise, the medium lls we got has some leg gape, hence the one i'm having made will have more spaced snaps. yeah i don't mind knitting for you, just lemme know what u might like done, or if u give it a few weeks for my lls order to come thru i might, just might have enough to do some scrappies for you.x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:53 pm

JenKyleandKaitlin wrote:We dont overly get on with WNNN but the pockets are great. Ruairidh is a similar build I think and he wears a large standard and a large low rise (17). Both fit him really well and we've never had any leaks.

can u get a large low rise then? that sounds promising, i might see about one of those, i got heaps of various inserts so might not need the inserts, might have to browse the website.....

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:56 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:
JenKyleandKaitlin wrote:We dont overly get on with WNNN but the pockets are great. Ruairidh is a similar build I think and he wears a large standard and a large low rise (17). Both fit him really well and we've never had any leaks.

can u get a large low rise then? that sounds promising, i might see about one of those, i got heaps of various inserts so might not need the inserts, might have to browse the website.....

Yes I asked for a lower rise as Roo doesnt have a long rise at all. It says its available on request. I think Roo wears them both on the 2nd tightest snaps all round.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:00 pm

happytails wrote:
Miss_Purple wrote:

Have to disagree there, WNNN fit terribly with DD (with or without 6 layer snap in bit) but the WNSS fit really well, we boost with their own insert, PD or a GK insert.

I'm not sure why they should fit any differently apart from the layin booster - if I lay my WNNN out flat over my WNSS they are pretty much identical - and the WN website says this:

If you like the fit of our NorthernLight's and Side Snap Pocket Nappies then you should love the fit of our NEW AND IMPROVED Night Notions too, as they are based on the same pattern.

We use both large WNNN and WNSS and get on great with the NN, the SS are ok but just tend to wick if we have minkee inner and outer, fleece inner suits us better.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:13 pm

I think Poppy is about the same size as T and we have large standard and low rise and also medium highrise. All fit really well. I just find the medium a bit difficult to stuff..

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat