hf1

Tumble drying:)

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Tumble drying:)

Postby malina » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Well, i don't have tumble dryer. no space for it;)
But: recieved georgous obv nappy form classifieds. It;s so lovely and soft and it was tumble dried before.
so it make me think if i should use public one, maybe once a month to revive, soften my other nappies?
esp with BV?
I don't want to destroy them though. Years ago i used the public laundry and dryer but i remember my clothes were kind of looking 'old' much sooner then normal:(
So not sure what to do.
:laundry:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Tumble drying:)

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:24 pm

i like to use my tumble dryer for obv nappies, my dunk n fluff are all still like new and i put that down to using my tumble dryer. they'd be all crispy else i reckon. u could use a public one now and then i guess but i always like to finish nappies off in the dryer myself

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:29 pm

I love our tumble dryer for OBV. I do them on low then hang to dry properly. It keeps them nice and fluffy and soft for us.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:30 pm

The public one might be too hot if it only has one heat setting as they need to be done on low heat so you don't cook the fibres x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 pm

mine get done with heat and they're all fine. mainly coz now and then i need them in a hurry, nothing seems to dry on low for me

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:33 pm

I would be worried about the heat too, they may be hotter than domestic ones.

Have you tried brushing them with a baby brush or rubbing together?

I have a tumble dryer but i dont use it unless i have no space left for drying, it is handy for getting rid of any fluff that can build up on fleece inners tho.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:58 pm

I tumble on low, and all my nappies have stayed looking lovely & fluffy and new looking, I've been quite disappointed a couple of times when I've bought pre-loved that are 'hardly used' but are all crispy from never having been tumbled. Don't know about a professional machine though ... could you pop in a take a peek to see if there are heat settings on them?
Or does a family member have one you could use occasionally?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:51 pm

zoeyboo wrote:I tumble on low, and all my nappies have stayed looking lovely & fluffy and new looking, I've been quite disappointed a couple of times when I've bought pre-loved that are 'hardly used' but are all crispy from never having been tumbled. Don't know about a professional machine though ... could you pop in a take a peek to see if there are heat settings on them?
Or does a family member have one you could use occasionally?

I personally find my HL Bedbugs stay looking newer for longer if not tumble dried. I find they lose their shine very quickly when tumbled. It depends on what you want i guess, i like the shine of BV and dont mind it not being just as soft as when tumbled to keep this as long as poss hehe.

Also find jersey prints fade very quickly when tumbled.

As a rule, i dont tumble nappies but i do occasionally do minkee ones as the dryer fluffs them up a treat and it lasts for months after.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:59 pm

What about popping them in a friends tumbler every now and then?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat