hf1

Weenotions - the new 'standard in cloth'?

Have you ever owned a WN nappy?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 am

I currently have one or more in regular use
70%
I have owned one in the past but sold/no longer use it/am no longer in cloth
21%
I have never used a WN nappy
9%

Total votes : 96
My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Weenotions - the new 'standard in cloth'?

Postby freyasmummy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:51 am

Back when I first started in cloth with DD, most people's stashes were pretty basic. We were all just discovering the wonders of Hyenacart, and the treasure trove of a little home based operation called Weenotions. Back then, I'd say I had one of the most 'impressive' stashes going in terms of rare/pretty nappies, these days I don't even play in the premier league!

However, back then pretty much everyone had something Tots Bots in their stash at some point. It was the industry standard! These days, certainly in the UK, I think that standard is now Weenotions! I wonder how many clothies there are that have NEVER owned or used a Weenotions nappy. Not many, I'd wager.

Whilst there are lots of brilliant WAHMs makig nappies in the UK, I'd say that Weenotions is far and away the most successful. When encouraging people on other forums to use cloth I will always link to WN as an example of pretty goodies.

So, in the interests of satisfying my curiosity, please vote in my little poll, and tell me why you think WN do so well!
Last edited by freyasmummy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Weenotions - the new 'standard in cloth'?

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:57 am

hmmm I sort of sit in the fence with WN realy, i have never got the bug really...I had WNNN's for Kieren when he was in cloth at night but i just had basic ones with nothing fancy on them...I guess i dont really get the whole 'fancy' nappy thing really...as in embroidery...I have never bought an embroidered nappy :-? I didnt like the nothern lights...and didnt get chance to try the FS OS nothern lights before they stopped selling them again...

I dont currently have ANY wn's in my stash at all..

ETA, i agree they are very succesful but i LOVE the fact that some of the smaller WAHMS are so flexible when it comes to the nappy with customised sizes/absorbancy etc...

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:04 am

Personally I've not got any WNs in Grubs stash, nor did I have any for the other two. Mainly because I can make my own minkee pockets so wouldn't buy one (WN or any other make) because I'm tight lol!

Suzanne has built her business up amazingly now and the name has most definitely become synonymous with cloth nappies...most people in the cloth world (globally) know the name and if you need something visual to tempt people to the cloth side then a quick peek at the WN site will no doubt do the job lol!

WN, along with several other fantastic WAHMs have most certainly boosted and brought cloth into the light!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 am

II owned a lot with Bella. She went through a phase only having WN pockets in her stash as they were the only thing that worked. But once they stopped working, the whole range didn't work for us. And I think we've tried all except the OS nappies.

We don't have any at the moment as they don't suit either of my children. I will probably try Jake with a WNNN at some point as, for night nappies, they are a relatively cheap and accessible option, when they work.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:21 am

by the time we discovered WN dawn was too big. we had a fleece wrap and two OSNL, but she wasnt im them long. i do want a couple of the new baby sets for number two thou :D (ive already planned which ones :oops: )

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 am

I think the thing I love about WN is their accessibility - I know that if I have money sitting in Paypal I can go there, design my nappy and buy it there and then. I have wanted to spend money with other WAHMs and not been able to when I had the funds because they had taken their shop offline, or had closed to customs, or because it was just too confusing to work out how to order the nappy! WN was my 'go to' when I wanted a gift nappy made because I knew I could rely on them being available to make what I wanted, the way I wanted it.
Last edited by freyasmummy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:31 am

I've had LOTS of WN nappies over the years, got her first at 3months and she still has it now.

Even though Scarlett has potty trained i still have *counts* 9 WNs

At one point i used to have one on order continually, get one, order one... wait for it to be delivered, order one - you get the idea lol. Then eventually i found i had/had owned most of the embroideries/fabrics i wanted etc and dwindled off, right about the time my fitteds addiction then took hold :D

Im not sure if i would say theyre the 'standard' yet, im sure if you asked a none cloth board user what a Tots Bots or BumGenius was they would know, but i dont think they would know what a WeeNotions was, purely down to advertising and magazine coverage etc.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:33 am

Iris has had pockets (sized and OS) and Northern Lights - and we continue to use NL. I've never tried a night nappy, as based on some tests that the lovely Frances did for us, a WNNN just wouldn't stand up to Iris' heavy wetting. Bump has 4 NL in his stash so far.

I've always had excellent CS from WN (and continue to! Suzanne was very happy to help me get the perfect gift for a pregnant friend when I contacted her a few weeks ago, agreeing to let me send some stuff to her so she could pop it in the parcel for my friend). And I think their range of fabrics and embroideries is amazing - possibly even overwhelming to a newcomer!

The one thing I will say is that I always try and point people to plainer (and bigger brand) nappies when they first start out in cloth. I don't think WAHMs are very accessible when you're starting out - because they're hard to get hold of and they're expensive (compared to the likes of TB and ME etc).

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 am

freyasmummy wrote:I think the thing I love about WN is their accessibility - I know that if I have money sitting in Paypal I can go there, design my nappy and buy it there and then. I have wanted to spend money with other WAHMs and not been able to when I had the funds because they had taken their shop offline, or had closed to customs, or because it was just too confusing to work out how to order the nappy! WN was my 'go to' when I wanted a gift nappy made because I knew I could rely on them being available to make what I wanted, the way I wanted it.

Totally agree with you there, they are very easy to order from and even though there might be a long wait during busy times, at least you've got it on order and know you'll soon get it. I think thats also why i love Holdens Landing, you can add your order to her database and you get put into a round, so you know when to expect it. Some other stores close or limit slots etc which can be hard work if youre not around when they make them available again.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat