hf1

Weenotions - the new 'standard in cloth'?

Have you ever owned a WN nappy?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 am

I currently have one or more in regular use
70%
I have owned one in the past but sold/no longer use it/am no longer in cloth
21%
I have never used a WN nappy
9%

Total votes : 96
My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Weenotions - the new 'standard in cloth'?

Postby malina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:10 pm

I got one WNNL which i bought on classified few weeks ago. Our first WN ever:) I like it, wasn;t too sure at the beginning but LO had a grow spurt recently and now she fits in in:)
Loved WN so much last year when i was pregnant but couldn;t choose the one I wanted and then they were on holiday in August so the shop was closed, and then i had LO and no time for nappy chase....
I was so hooked on minkee pockets at some point, esp that i had more fitted for LO when she was tiny... And then when she grew bigger i kind of drifted away from minky pockets, prefer printed pul which WN doesn't do.
still want to try NN from them:)
but i guess tots bots is more known for the plain nappy, well not any more, cos they got easyfits in great prints :wink:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm

I love our WN nappies, OS, SS, AI2, NN and my CSP! :D I've even corrupted a friendto the dark side with help from them! She started with the statement that she didn't need pretty nappies, just ones that saved her money :giggle: she's now had/having at least two WN orders! I've always had fab customer service from them and the site is always good for a browse even without funds :) They've definitey made pretty nappies more accessable here!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:44 pm

I think WN are really great, and we have 5 WN AI2 and three more about to arrive! They fit well, do the job and look nice (these latest three are the only embroidered ones I've ordered), but I had never heard of them till I saw them on the classifieds section here - I bought two preloved, ordered three more and have just ordered another three. TBH, I think the poll results will definately be scewed in the favour on here - but I have found the vibe on CNT is very much fancy WAHM nappies and clothes, rather than workhorse nappies.

I started with TB fluffles, and I will always be TB in my heart, so I'm chuffed to bits that the easyfits are as pretty as they are. I think TB and Bambino Mio are still the standard. They are the nappies that are easiest to find on the highstreet and on the web. And as tinkerbellerella said, TB brights have cracked US markets which is a massive thing.

I've never understood fancy fitteds as a wrap goes over the top anyway (despite ordering two very pretty LLS night nappies last night) so I wouldn't want to stray too far from my fluffles for any future babies (at first anyway). I also think that with some of the fancier nappies it is more of a risk as to whether or not they will suit you and your baby.

WN are certainly a great example of great customer service and total personalisation, though so they are a great website to send people to for a nose around...

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:47 pm

I love my WNNN and our WNSS, but I would say the "standard" would be TB or BG really. Most cloth users I know IRL have never heard of a lot of the brands, especially if they don't find forums like this to tempt them.... :)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:57 pm

freyasmummy wrote: I wonder how many clothies there are that have NEVER owned or used a Weenotions nappy. Not many, I'd wager.

I would say loads.............I know quite a lot of ppl who have used cloth on their LOs and I am the only one who has ever had a "pretty" nappy. Most people don't get any further than the Babykind website. My sister exclusively used FLuffles, my friend is on her second baby with nothing more exciting than totbots and ME wraps, another friend is in BG flips, another used terries and PUL wraps, another uses secondhand BG v2s and a couple of Little Lambs, another used the Mothercare Smart Nappy system.........

I had one Weenotions but I sold it, didn't really like it.

By definition anyone on this site will be interested in cloth to a "greater degree" than the norm.......

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 pm

fluffy mummy which LLS did you get, I really want one now! :hohoho:
Yes I have to say I blame this site for my nappy addiction - shame on you all! :hug:
Last edited by scarlet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:01 pm

I think the majority of ours are WNSS :oops: , when I first started building a stash I bought a lot of WNAI2 as I went for the 'pretty pics' but realised they didnt suit Caleb, same as the WNNL. We use WNNN as they were the only night nappy that seemed to suit the piddle monster but alas over the last few days even they are not coping so I am hoping my most recent order with puddlekins will be a winner.

I only have 2 WN brand new, the rest were from classifieds and although I am having a few problems with fit at the moment (he is in an inbetween poppers stage) I will get them again for future babies :mrgreen:

Oh and I have never bought a totsbots but I think that is because I was a late starter putting Caleb in cloth and I was introduced to this site and classifieds before I had a chance to look at the other nappies available at cheaper prices :giggle:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Scarlet, I blame you entirely! I went for the pink blues after seeing your wipes! And a lavender inspiration one, um, because I think it's such a gorgeous colourway. I almost got some more wipes in the lavender, and decided I had enough already, so I got another nappy instead!

Before I logged on to this website I was quite happy with my fluffles and TB wraps, and then I probably would have gone on to easyfits... So much for cloth nappies being better on the bank balance :giggle: and now my addiction has spread to wipes.

I draw the line at CSP, though!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:28 pm

oh but fluffy mummy- the prints are over there now too! and i really do think they will do well. they really are excellent imo the only tweak needed would be heavy wetter inserts i think. but i don't have heavy wetters so they are just dandy for us.

oh- the circle o instock large standard rise pocket is now mine! yay!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat