hf1

WWYD - faulty nappy

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: WWYD - faulty nappy

Postby northernruth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I think it's a perfectly reasonable request but of course unfortunately that doesn't mean that it's one she'll agree too :-? . Depends how much you like the nappy I guess, I'd send it back and get a refund. You've already had quite a bit of hassle with it from the sounds of it.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 pm

northernruth wrote:I think it's a perfectly reasonable request but of course unfortunately that doesn't mean that it's one she'll agree too :-? . Depends how much you like the nappy I guess, I'd send it back and get a refund. You've already had quite a bit of hassle with it from the sounds of it.

WSS

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 pm

If I was having all this hassle with it I'd send it back. It'd make me love it less anyway. :giggle:

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:47 pm

we might have bought from the same batch;)
I didn't pre wash mine, and use it stright on my LO bum. Her legs and bum went blue, same for the cream wool cover and the inside of the nappy. but after a wash nothing else is happening. Even the blue from inside is gone. Not using the colour catcher though so not sure how much is still bleeding, if any.
And i like the nappy:)
in your case i would returned it i guess.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:58 am

nappynutter wrote:I just asked whether my suggestion was reasonable in the circumstances.

It does seem reasonable, but I must admit that we don't normally offer to refund part of the price either. I don't know why she doesn't, but for us it is down to past experience. These situations can get very messy, and it's much better to stick to your returns policy.

We have had similar situations in the past and had customers who have asked similar things to this, which we agreed too. Unfortunately a few of those then got back to us later, to tell us that they had reconsidered and they now want more ... Situations like that can get very messy, it's always best to stick to your returns policy in my experience, whether it costs you more money isn't an issue. Thankfully 99% of our customers are fabulous and would never dream of doing that :widesmile:

I really really want to write an example out, but I obviously can't :oops:

Anyhoo, I am in no way suggesting that you would do that Morag, but I wanted you to be aware that others might. She may well have a good reason not to accept your offer, based on past experience.

Hope that makes sense.

S
:D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat