hf1

WWYD - faulty nappy

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: WWYD - faulty nappy

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 pm

I too would send it back for a full refund, why wont she give you a partial refund and you keep the nappy i dont understand? I had this with a HO nappy and Emma refunded some of the money and offered me a discount on a future purchase.
Yes i would send it back :) a dyed bum really isnt on :-?
Last edited by megansmummy on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:35 pm

Sorry I'm a bit confused - why would you send a picture of the colour catcher? If they dye was on the outside of the nappy (most nappies I know have undyed inners) why not send a picture of the inside of the nappy? I've not had a nappy dye my daughter before but wouldn't it have transferred to the inside of the nappy? Best to send a pic of the inner surely?
I've used colour catchers in with my washing and they've come up with plenty of dye residue from a normal nappy wash yet nappies have never dyed my daughter's skin!Wool dye OTOH has - though it has always come off... But that's besides the point really...

TBH I know it might feel a bit wrong to not receive any 'compensation' but the seller is perfectly within his/her rights to offer refund/return only... As far as I know anyway. I'd probably be a little miffed but then again if I loved the nappy I'd have to keep it.

From memory blue is one of the hardest colours to fix too - the deeper/darker the blue the harder to fix.
How about you try Beth's suggestion and see how you go from there?

I know we expect perfection from WAHMs but they are only human and we can't expect popper placement etc to be perfect 100% of the time! Though I'm sure most of the wahms I've ever dealt with are perfectionists as I would be! ;)

So anyway getting off the point here - I'd send it back for a full refund if I wasn't happy - and if I really loved the nappy I'd try to fix the dye further and keep it.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:53 pm

I would send it back and spend your money on something else. You may want to keep it, but you dont know how long it will take to stop leaking and also, when you come to sell it on, youre gonna have to sell it with a faulty snap placement etc which all in all is gonna cost you money.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Sorry I'm a bit confused - why would you send a picture of the colour catcher? If they dye was on the outside of the nappy (most nappies I know have undyed inners) why not send a picture of the inside of the nappy? I've not had a nappy dye my daughter before but wouldn't it have transferred to the inside of the nappy? Best to send a pic of the inner surely?
I've used colour catchers in with my washing and they've come up with plenty of dye residue from a normal nappy wash yet nappies have never dyed my daughter's skin!Wool dye OTOH has - though it has always come off... But that's besides the point really...

TBH I know it might feel a bit wrong to not receive any 'compensation' but the seller is perfectly within his/her rights to offer refund/return only... As far as I know anyway. I'd probably be a little miffed but then again if I loved the nappy I'd have to keep it.

From memory blue is one of the hardest colours to fix too - the deeper/darker the blue the harder to fix.
How about you try Beth's suggestion and see how you go from there?

I know we expect perfection from WAHMs but they are only human and we can't expect popper placement etc to be perfect 100% of the time! Though I'm sure most of the wahms I've ever dealt with are perfectionists as I would be! ;)

So anyway getting off the point here - I'd send it back for a full refund if I wasn't happy - and if I really loved the nappy I'd try to fix the dye further and keep it.

The colour catcher caught the dye on the sheet so there was none on the inner, so that wouldn't have been much use. The idea was for the seller to see how much dye the nappy had leaked after 3 washes. It wasn't a dark blue anyway, it was turquoise and I am aware that blue can bleed more which was why I was not initially concerned.

Fin's bum went blue at the back and around his thighs from the outside of the nappy.

The popper is quite badly in the wrong place and I have already said I wasn't really bothered by that anyway.

I am also very well aware of my rights, I just asked whether my suggestion was reasonable in the circumstances.

I am considering (as I said) trying to fix it myself. I'm just a bit annoyed at having to do all of this for a full price nappy. It's not unreasonable given the amount the nappy cost.
Last edited by nappynutter on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
mumface
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mumface » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:26 pm

I've just had that happen with a nappy I've recently bought. The blue dye ran out and dyed my boys bum blue. It didn't wash out in the bath either.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:29 pm

mumface wrote:I've just had that happen with a nappy I've recently bought. The blue dye ran out and dyed my boys bum blue. It didn't wash out in the bath either.

The same happened here too but I didn't realise it wasn't the norm :shock: :oops:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:35 pm

babygrowbelly wrote:
mumface wrote:I've just had that happen with a nappy I've recently bought. The blue dye ran out and dyed my boys bum blue. It didn't wash out in the bath either.

The same happened here too but I didn't realise it wasn't the norm :shock: :oops:

I think it's fairly common with blue nappies from what I've heard in the past hence me saying about blue being one of the hardest to fix...
But really no - nappies shouldn't leak dye onto your LO though I know a lot of us are impatient and don't pre-wash ;) But all the spare dye should have been rinsed out prior to sewing up, trouble is urine has funny properties and can make dye leak out of the nappy that won't have come out in a normal wash...

My avatar
mumface
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mumface » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Yes, I didn't prewash it. It did still leak til after about 3 washes. I didn't complain cause I thought it was normal for hand dyed nappies, and it is such a pretty nappy.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
babygrowbelly wrote:

I think it's fairly common with blue nappies from what I've heard in the past hence me saying about blue being one of the hardest to fix...
But really no - nappies shouldn't leak dye onto your LO though I know a lot of us are impatient and don't pre-wash ;) But all the spare dye should have been rinsed out prior to sewing up, trouble is urine has funny properties and can make dye leak out of the nappy that won't have come out in a normal wash...

Dammit my son's funny properties :giggle: at least I know for future...eek just ordered another blue nappy :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat