hf1

Liners?

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Liners?

Postby mama2boyz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:45 pm

OK, I'm now onto my 3rd baby in cloth and all this time have never gotten on with liners - admittedly I only really tried them with DS1 when he was newborn and got loads of leaks.

However, TBH, rinsing DS2's (age 2) down the loo is losing its charm. We eat a lot of wholegrain foodds so his poo is very 'bran-y' and sticky - not fun to sluice off.

Would liners really help? Or would i be sluicing the liners anyway?
We have a septic tank so the disposable liners aren't an option.

thanks for listening to my detailed description of my son's poo :oops:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Liners?

Postby monsterm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:06 pm

You would be sluicing the liners anyway. It is easier to sluice a liner though. The main reason for liners is because they wick the moisture away from baby's bottom.

Fleece liners are very cheap so it might be worth a try & see how you get on.

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Disposable liners can be an option for a septic tank - not much worse than loo roll, but they do biodegrade. Best ripped in 2 as you put them down - we put hundreds down and all was fine.

You could bag and bin them as an alternative - far less rubbish than everyone else's disposables.

Or try encouraging a poo on the potty, copying your older ones, perhaps for reward?

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:18 am

We use fleece liners for DD who's almost weaned but still has some more liquid poos and they are much easier to sluice than fulls nappies are!! I have paper liners aswell but find that they wrinkle up and stick to her bum :-?

I got 5 fleece liners off Ebay for about £2.50 so they are fairly cheap to try out, I decided I liked them and just bought a meter of fleece to make the rest myself and have made them with a shape that covers most of the nappy.

:) x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 pm

I agree with the other posters - even sluicing fleece liners is better than dunking nappies...

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat