Budget bottoms? Really?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Budget bottoms? Really?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:28 pm

charlibunny wrote:You should be called Mrs Prefold Tory :giggle:

:hohoho: :oops: I know i go on about them but so many people have negative stories which puts others off when they read them and i think out of everything i ever tried prefolds and wraps are my fav...or prefolds nippa'd under wool...

ETA they are such a budget option and i dont get all the bad reviews at all...

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Tory we also had the prefold love here :D

I suppose they are selling them as budget as they 'cheap' are in comparison to 3 of their pocket nappies. But they definately arent a budget option.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:21 pm

You reckon one with a EP hemp in would work for Soph??

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:08 pm

worth a try ;) I like prefolds too, I just detested the bambino mio covers, they were pants! I liked bummis ones although I don't use wraps anymore as dans too fat :oops;

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:40 pm

I think its deffinatly worth a shot hun and if it doesnt work you know you havnt wasted a ton of money on a new nappy :wink: I often fold an ep hemp into an infant (green edge) junior joy prefold if we are going to be out for a while but to be honist Kieren can go 3 hours in just a tri-folded green edged one...

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 pm

For that price id rather get 3 cotton velour wnnl.....thanks but no thanks!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 am

Tory, we had the prefold love here too when DD was very small, they used to work really well and will be our first choice for the first couple of months when we have our next one too :-)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:29 am

Bambinio Mio Prefolds just aren't absorbent enough for us and I can never get a good fit with them :lol:
They make great nappy mat covers though ;)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:32 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Bambinio Mio Prefolds just aren't absorbent enough for us and I can never get a good fit with them :lol:
They make great nappy mat covers though ;)

Ahhh i have never tried bambino mio prefolds, only junior joy...I really wish there was a better variety of prefolds available here...in the US there are loads of places that sell different brands...i really want some http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com prefolds but they wont ship overseas :( I want unbleached ones and the only ones i have found here are the bummis ones and they are expensive! prefolds in the US are much cheaper!

I do have some of the swaddlebees newborn size (from babykind) and loved them on kieren when he was tiny!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat