hf1

What can i try next?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What can i try next?

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:29 pm

I can lend you a pop in with the bamboo night booster?

Maybe you could try a night nappy like a bedbug or LLS night nappy? Or can you try a super wetter LLS day nappy?

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Its so frustrating isnt it hun :(

Unfortunately though , as i dont think you'll want to hear this , it wont get better until she p/t now as this is all about bladder control and not really just about being a heavy wetter iygwim?

When you say she is 'out -peeing' whatever you are using , what time scale are you talking about hun?

H could NEVER go more than 2 hours per nappy in his last year (so from 2 yrs to 3yrs) so i never expected more than that...when he was very young we used to get 3 hours maximum sometimes from a nappy but it was very rare , so tbh we've always stuck to 2 hours.

Nappies we were using for the last year were -

BBSS large , with the combi insert , and a bamboo booster , this owuld last 2 hours unless he had a massive pee lol! Couldnt use any other pockets at this point as they all wicked very quickly - infact i often DID have to use pockets if id run out of fitteds but under wool as it didnt matter if they leaked then!

WNNL large , with both parts of the lay in booster doubled over to the front plus a hemp booster , so his wetzone would have about 14 layers , this again would do 2 hours , occasionally 2.5 hours...

HL bedbugs M/L , with the 2 lay in boosters it came with and a hemp insert

FF large , with the 9 layer insert plus a bamboo insert

Sorry , i dont think ive been any help at all there hun just wanted you to know you are not alone in the 2 hour changing , and that the only solution may well be to just change often rather than trying to change your whole stash this late on :(

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby calliflower » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:30 am

Have you tried microfibre in nappies other then the BGs? I only ask, because the only nappies DD couldn't out-pee were boosted fluffles under wool. With these she could go for atleast 4 hours during the days and they were the nappies I used for night in the end because they never leaked. For some reason the combination of microfibre and wool meant that the wee just evaporated. She did have a huge bottom though :giggle: I know that loads of people don't like mf because they say it squishes the wee back out, but I always found it to be super-reliable if combined with a slower-absorbing fabric like hemp or bamboo underneath. I really recommend the wonderoos inserts (but not the pockets for a heavy wetter). They are really good quality and hold loads - the cheaper ones (like the coolababy ones) don't hold nearly so much.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat