hf1

Puffy bits.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Puffy bits.

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:55 pm

I have noticed recently that Moo is red and a bit puffy looking atm. There is no rash, and no discharge so I have sort of ruled out thrush, but she pulls at her nappy and my MIL said she was pulling herself along on the floor (like a dog :( ) yesterday - rubbing in her 'Minnie Mouse' (but that's another thread :giggle: ).

We change her quite often, and try and let her have nakie time as often as possible. We don't use perfumed products, and haven't changed the washing powder or anything.

Is this something you hve come across before? Would you take her to the GP?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Puffy bits.

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Gracie does that quite a lot, she is a toucher though :shock: but when she does the dragging herswelf on the floor I use canestan even though she has no obvious signs of thrush and it does the trick xx

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Yes, my wee girl was like this recently and we took her to the GP who just prescribed canestan, it worked fine.

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Sounds like it could be thrush. Dd had it, and there was no discharge, just a rash. I'd take her to the GP just to be on the safe side, but he will probably just prescribe some canesten!!
Last edited by freyasmummy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks. I will pop along to the chemist. Moo is a toucher too, especially in the bath!

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby calliflower » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:14 am

Until she trained, DD was plagued with thrush almost constantly. It was set off by illness, being 'under the weather', if ever she was put in a disposable at my mum's house, using shop wipes, if she ate something 'new' etc., etc. I think it is just one of those things. Some people are far more prone to it then others (until I started using csp I would get it every month after AF - I'm sure its the chemicals in the fake 'towels')

Like pp said, canasten works well (get the 1% stuff, not the normal 'double strength'stuff), or if you want to take her to the drs for a prescription, ask if they'll prescribe timodene - that stuff is AMAZING and works almost instantly.

I hope you get it sorted.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat