Any advice, ladies?

My avatar
csbochan
Clothie
Clothie

Any advice, ladies?

Postby csbochan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the cloth nappy brigade, altho I'm already completely hooked...I've just finished my local council's cloth nappy trial scheme and I'm waiting on another trial pack in a week or so, which will hopefully help me narrow down my choices on what to buy. If anyone has any recommendations on what's worked best for them, Id love to hear.....I don't have a dryer so they need to be fairly fast drying, and my daughter's currently 3mths old, quite petite and skinny, but long...and quite a heavy wetter!
Thanks everyone :D

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Any advice, ladies?

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Hiya :idea:
Where do I start... It depends if you want to use pockets or fitteds & wraps. Personally I use a mix but mostly use fitteds & wool. My fave fitteds are dunk n fluffs, Luscious little somethings, fluff n stuff & bugga bugga boutique & goodmamas. I only have 'fancy fitteds' although Grace's newborn stash was very simple *ahem* boring :giggle: I did like the little lambs.

The only pocket nappies I use are bumgenius & Weenotions (really beautiful nappies). WN are very pretty but BG are super reliable. I used them when I 1st 'converted' & they have worked well for both my girls. Grace has always been chunky so I'm not sure how any of these would fare on a skinny baby.

HTH I'm not sure it makes sense but I'm too tired to write & really should be :night: :giggle:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:54 am

I used pockets 90% of the time but my fav nappies are weenotions, babybeehinds magicalls (a AIO with a pocket) and cushie tushies (AIO) also like green kids pockets too :)

My avatar
AnnaG
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AnnaG » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 am

I've a mixture of about 70% pocket/AIO and 30% fitted. Totsbots Stretchies are amazing, so soft, trim and absorbant - we love them overnight.

For AIO and pockets - love a Blueberry one-size, a Totsbots Easyfit and Bumgenius organic AIO. We also have a stash of FLips which are idiot-proof and so reliable, and we have yet to have a leak.

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 am

Bumgenius are probably my fave at the moment, mine are all bought preloved so some of them are a little stretched elastic wise which is fine for us as my LO has chunky little legs!!

Fitted wise I love tots bamboozle stretchy which I got cheap from bargain bots on Ebay xx :wink:

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:56 pm

i have two children in cloth nappies. ds is just in night nappies- he doesn't wee that much at night anymore he has fuzzi bunz , a wee notions one size pocket, a homemade nappy, itti bitti tutto and one fitted hollow oak and use a wool cover

for dd i use itti bitti nappies during the day. she has tots bots bamboozles at nursery. for night times she has fitteds- goodmama, bedbug, and a couple of others.

everyone has their favourites. when mine were tiny i really liked little lambs

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Freyarose » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:34 am

What are the nappies u have used on the council scheme ??

I have only used aio's and pocket nappies so can only comment on those..

My daughter is tall and slim,

Cushie tushies... Nice fit, quite trim, good quality, used to be my favourites until i found IssyBear Nappies, they are a pocket and so luxourious, fit really nice and so soft.. I also have bumgenious and flip nappies which are good, Blueberrys are lovely and very similar to issybears .. I have just recieved two ebay cheapy nappies too but not tested yet!

Your council scheme obviously works different to ours and we just got a £45 voucher to spend on cloth

My avatar
csbochan
Clothie
Clothie

Postby csbochan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:05 pm

ah thanks everyone....I'm making notes of all the names you've mentioned that I think I might try...it's getting to be a long list :giggle:
I've just bought a couple of BBSS from CNT to try out as I think they mmight suit us....I really like the Ittis I tried and wanted them to work, but couldn't keep them on my LO past 2hrs without them leaking - maybe just not a good fit at the moment. B'c she's on the small side, so are her clothes and I was having trouble getting her into trousers with any bulky nappies! (she's 16weeks and not quite 12lbs yet)
Freyarose, our council do a trial pack of nappies that you can borrow for a fortnight - I tried quite a few different ones and kinda liked BG, Flexitot and Thirsties fitteds. I liked the fit of the Ittis, but they didn't last so well on my LO. I'm kinda leaning towards pockets as then I can boost as much as I need to, plus they dry fast...then again sized fitteds work well under her small clothes :roll:
I've signed up for another trial kit from Plush Pants website, so I can try a few more different nappies, too - can't wait - I'm anxious to get into cloth and stop wasting time on disposables!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat