hf1

Making Foaming Wipes Solution? How To?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Making Foaming Wipes Solution? How To?

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 am

Does anyone make up a solution for their wipes that would be like the foaming solutions?

I have always used Northern Essences & we get on really well with it, but it's getting hard to find it now in the UK and shipping direct from NE is extortionate! I am going to try the Sheepish Grins solution but it would be great if anyone had a 'recipe' they use to make their own. I have a few of the large foaming bottles I can use as well as a couple of tiny ones...

When I go back to work I was thinking it would be useful to make up a couple of big bottles, one for my Mum and one for the Childminder to use when Rufus is with them, I intend to have a couple of separate bags pre-packed for each of them to cut down on swapping & changing stuff around, but I expect they will use far more than they need so don't want to spend out £8 a bottle each for them if it won't last (at home mine lasts over 2 months).

So any recipes you'd like to share would be much appreciated!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Making Foaming Wipes Solution? How To?

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:17 am

babybath and water in the foam bottle. thats what i used! just keep testing the pump and adding more bath till it foams right :)

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Freyarose » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:06 am

Are the foaming bottle just like kandoo bottles ??

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:29 am

Freyarose wrote:Are the foaming bottle just like kandoo bottles ??

They have a pump action top, you press it down & foam comes out, I imagine quite similar to Kandoo bottles...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 am

i think its the bottle that makes it foam :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:41 am

I was thinking about this too and was looking out for some yummy organic nice babywash that i could use...

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 am

megansmummy wrote:I was thinking about this too and was looking out for some yummy organic nice babywash that i could use...

I was going to use either my Burt's Bees or I have 2 bottles of NE Concentrate Shampoo/Body Wash that I thought I could also use ... hmmm, fancy getting some Apricot or Citrus Oil to add, where is the best/cheapest place for this I wonder?

Thanks Stace!

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Freyarose » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am

is there anywhere i can buy just bottles from ? i dont really want to go and buy kandoo when i know it will upset little ones skin or just to pour down sink...
Or where do i get these nice ones u lot talk about, as in a shop not online.. i like to see things first when buying things like this lol

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 am

Freyarose wrote:is there anywhere i can buy just bottles from ? i dont really want to go and buy kandoo when i know it will upset little ones skin or just to pour down sink...
Or where do i get these nice ones u lot talk about, as in a shop not online.. i like to see things first when buying things like this lol

I don't know of anywhere other than online for the 2 makes I use as they are from WAHMs not mass produced... perhaps you could look in the supermarket for a product that you could use yourself that has this type of bottle? Or see if you can buy empty foaming bottles on eBay or somewhere?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat