hf1

Do you use 2nd hand nappies?

No, how disgusting!!!
No votes
No, would rather get the use new then sell on.
20%
No, want more kids so they'll get used.
10%
Yes, all my nappies are 2nd hand
No votes
Yes, some are or have in the past
70%
other
No votes

Total votes : 10
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:22 am

Just wondering how many of us use 2nd hand nappies.

Most of my size 1 were 2nd hand but decided to buy new for size 2 as he will be in them for so long. I have got 1 2nd hand fuzzi but its already starting to go a bit funny so wish I hadn't bothered, have a rb tb as well and its fine.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:37 am

I voted no as I would rather get new and hopefully (fingers crossed :wink: ) be able to sell them for some money. But in saying that I would buy second hand nappies that were in good condition. Apart from this forum though there really isn't a lot of places in oz you can buy second hand now (thanks ebay :evil: :evil: ). I'm really jealous of the people who can use the nappy lady :!:

Sam....

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:42 am

Most of mine are new but I have 4 2nd hand nappies. 1 is a gorgeous cow hide happy heiny that they don't do anymore so happy with that and the other 3 are fuzzis and all in fab condition was really pleased with my 2nd hand purchases... would buy 2nd hand again definitely. Would also buy new of course!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:13 am

I don't have any problem with 2nd hand nappies and my first ever nappies were 2nd hand meos from ebay. But now I prefer to buy new - I can afford to, I have only ever bought one nappy I didn't like, and I am hoping to have more children so want them to last.
:D
Annette

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:16 am

All Georgia's nappies have been bought new and sold on when we don't use them anymore.

I don't have anything against using 2nd hand nappies but I am very aware that peoples ideas of good condition vary greatly I wouls be happy to buy from someone I knew so I was sure the nappies were in good condition and had been looked after properly :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:30 pm

A fair proportion of mine were second hand. but now I've had to buy new or make my own Damn ebay!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:32 pm

Yes i do buy 2nd hand, i see it as another recycling option! I have only had one nappy that was not in as good a condition as i was expecting and that is the most recent preloved item i have bought too so mainly had very good 2nd hand good condition/excellent condition ones. I have also bought new and when Evie does potty train (hoping that's a long way off so i can indulge my addiction for longer lol :lol: :wink: ) then i will sell mine on too. Gain abit of the money back :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat