hf1

Leaking in every direction!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Leaking in every direction!

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 pm

red_dwarf wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but you shoudlnt use a full dose of powder unless you are in a very very hard water area. you only need to use a fraction of the normal amount to wash your nappies. they might have a build up on them and so coudl need stripping

It's perfectly correct to use a full dose of powder to strip nappies - and that's what I'd asked, how she stripped them, not what her normal wash routine was... ;)

I live in a soft water area and use a full dose of powder (100mls for my water area) every time, use the extra rinse cycle and always do an extra rinse cycle after the full wash with extrarinse has finished - I rarely ever get buildup... ;)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but you shoudlnt use a full dose of powder unless you are in a very very hard water area. you only need to use a fraction of the normal amount to wash your nappies. they might have a build up on them and so coudl need stripping

It's perfectly correct to use a full dose of powder to strip nappies - and that's what I'd asked, how she stripped them, not what her normal wash routine was... ;)

I live in a soft water area and use a full dose of powder (100mls for my water area) every time, use the extra rinse cycle and always do an extra rinse cycle after the full wash with extrarinse has finished - I rarely ever get buildup... ;)

Sorry my mistake. I thoguth she was saying how she usually washed her nappies.

My avatar
nelix2000
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nelix2000 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Phew I thought I had utterly been stripping them wrong there for a minute!
I did have lots, almost 30 at one point but found I was using the same 9-10 as I wash every other day so I sold the remainder as they were not getting used. I never saw her getting through 10 in one day. :giggle:
Absolutely no way can I afford to double my stash until next year, if at all :|

When washing I do use a very small amount of powder :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat