hf1

How many wraps?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

How many wraps?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:21 pm

am filling out bumps stash and wondered how many wraps seems right? she already has 4 thirsties duo's which go from 6-18lbs (or there abouts) and im thinking another 3 wraps might be ok? we will probably be using mostly tri folded/nippa'd prefolds :) Is 7 wraps overkill for 6-18lbs? we wash nappies every other day...

My avatar
breyah
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: How many wraps?

Postby breyah » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:27 pm

I'd say between five and seven is about right, sods law if you got rid of any you're LO would have a tummy bug and have lots of leaky nappies so you'd go through wraps quickly. (Trust me on this, our LO is teething at the moment and is subject to explosive poos that stain the wrap! :roll: ) Plus if they are different colours/patterns you may want to match them with outfits! (Or is that just me :oops: )

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:42 pm

the one thing we found when alanna was newborn the pad fold is rubbish for holding any type of poo ( and i didnt know about nipping them then) we only had 4 wraps and we could easier use all of them in one day and then had to use pampers so 6-8 is a deffo i think cause i just couldn't wipe them over and reuse if poo got on the leg binding on the inside. made me feel sick/skanky so had to be a clean wrap.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Yeah, I would suggest 7-10 nappies. It's always best to overestimate than not have enough...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Fab thanks!

getting poo on the wraps doesnt bother me, i like to nippa them but hubby is scared of the nippa! :giggle: i will just chuck them in the wash so yeah better to have too many than not enough...i cant remember with Kieren how many i had :roll:

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:55 pm

it didn't bug me as its all washable but i was told just to wipe it off the inside of the wrap and binding and reuse unless it went on the outside which did gross me out not becausit was poo but because it was then surposed to go back on to DD. I never did do it. if poo was on the wrap in the wash it went.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat