hf1

WNSS or AI2? + Design Suggestions Please!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

WNSS or AI2? + Design Suggestions Please!

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Ladies! :idea:

When I was Pg I was soooooooo in love with WN, I thought they were just the most gorgeous things ever,, all my newborn stash was mainstream stuff like SBOCV NB and Bimbles, all cute but apart from one or 2 pre-loved NB Mutts no WAHMs as I thought I'd wait til he was bigger, then I saw the OS and thought it was the perfect solution! So my fabby DH bought me one a month from 12 weeks (bless) and I got tempted into the odd extra one too in the end we had 12 gorgeous minkee WNOS with embroidery ...

They first time they seemed to fit was at around 12 weeks, but then we got leaks around the legs, I put this down to his really thin legs (gosh it doesn't seem possible he had thin legs now he has giant ham hock thighs!) so put them away again for a few months ... tried them again at 5 months & they seemed to fit well, but within 1hr we had leaking around the legs again, I've tried making them tighter, changing the rise, various different inserts and combinations of inserts but no matter what we get no more than an hour :( ... at this point I sold 3 of them to buy more fitteds... but couldn't bear to let the rest go & so they went back in the drawer in the hope that we'll work it out eventually :cry:

I'd mentioned this to the lovely Sally on a couple of occasions and recently she lent Rufus one of Honey's WNSS to try for size (it was very pretty on him with flowers & butterflys :giggle: ) but the fit was fabby & with a GK Double Insert & a small piece of Zorb we got 3 hours with no leaks! ! ! Plus is was such a lovely fit!

Sooo I am thinking I'd like a couple of our own & am selling a few more of the OS, but once I have funds do I go for SS or the AI2? I understand the fit is the same so which to go for?

Also, what designs would you go for??? I am fine at designing my own but would like to hear a few other ideas, perhaps something I wouldn't normally come up with. I hate cutesy things, would rather avoid slogans etc and it needs to be very cool and boyish, not cotton outers.

I already have these (plus a Yellow Dotty Minkee Bordercut with VHC Food) so want something different:
Image Image Image Image
Last edited by zoeyboo on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: WNSS or AI2? + Design Suggestions Please!

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:30 pm

:thread:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Aw I thought you would have had hundreds of replies to this :hug:

Kerr has this one and it's lovely
http://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=3771

He also has these ones (although you probably won't like the pirate one as it's a bit cartoony)

And my favourite :D

Oh yes, and the WNSS work better for us than the AI2s for some reason, although I prefer the AI2s because there's no stuffing involved!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:12 pm

I have all SS or OS at the mo I am tempted by the all in 2 as I guess it's if you want to have to buy less as you can just change the inserts so less washing also but I don't think we would get on with the inserts as they are terry and we find bamboo fleece or hemp better for us so thats where pockets are better as you can stuff with anything :-?
I'm not going to look at embroideries i'm on a WN ban and must not be tempted :lol: but I love the chimpanzee on palest green minkee

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Do you like animals? Some of the real life looking animal ones are gorgeous.

I love

We have colourful clownfish on lagoon minkee, skull and crossbones on turquoise, robot on black and panda on pale green

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:22 pm

YAY! Replies! :giggle:

Ooo I love the Dream Catcher :D

Hmmm, Sally that's true actually, I don't know how we'll fair with absorbancy on the AI2's so at least with a SS I can put in what I know works, the double GK and a strip of zorb worked fab in yours ... right a SS it is :wine:

I am thinking of a Yellow Biohazard one as it's :giggle: and nice and bright...

Want designs for a 2nd though so keep thinking! :D

Love the Pawprint Jen :D

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:45 pm

i asked wn to put a pocket in an AI2 for a pressie for someone, it works perfect so she can add to the absorbancy if needs be :)

cant help with designs, ive got a girly lol

have you looked through their fb gallery?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 pm

sezzlebum wrote:i asked wn to put a pocket in an AI2 for a pressie for someone, it works perfect so she can add to the absorbancy if needs be :)

cant help with designs, ive got a girly lol

have you looked through their fb gallery?

Oh I have plenty of ideas, I have about 10 in my basket, but thought someone else might come up with something different for us! I don't need pics of a ready made one ... if you've got any suggestions feel free!

I love thinking of girly ideas for people as I never get to buy any myself!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:18 pm

i want a rainbow stripey one, and a yellow and black stripey one, with an embriodered little bee buzzing about, with lower case 'bee' on the bum.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat