Cloth nappy/baby clothes storage suggestions needed

My avatar
Citrus
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Cloth nappy/baby clothes storage suggestions needed

Postby Citrus » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Hello ladies -

I'm looking for ideas on how to store and organise all the stuff I've got ready for LO's arrival. There seems to be so many things that I'll need to be able to grab quickly, and it's all just in a massive heap at the moment.

Basically I have two really deep shelves in a big cupboard (there's 58cm between each shelf and 110cm wide) and I was planning on using storage baskets or boxes, but that isn't working because it seems to make sense to separate things like muslins, terries, wraps, general baby clothes, towels, etc. Has anyone got any ideas or ingenious storages solutions for divigin up larger shelves into smaller compartments? It's a rented house or I'd take the shelves out and put lots of smaller new ones in, so that's not an option. I can't screw anything in and the shelves themselves aren't super-strong, so I can't put smaller sets of shelves on them either.

It's probably a daft question, but I really want to get organised before LO comes, and it's really not my strong point :-?

Many thanks for any pointers, Hannah xxx

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cloth nappy/baby clothes storage suggestions needed

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Woudl you be able to fashion a shelf using those command strips. You dont have to use them with the hooks, they can be stuck to anything wodden or plasic. I would cut out some shelves from soem mdf, and use them to sick a piece of wood, or a plastic support to the inside of the wardrobe and put the shelf on top of them. then when you leave, you just pull the strip and the bit of plastic or wood will remove cleanly from the wardrobe. they are a mirricle product IMO. You can just buy a pack of the replacement strips to use. I use them on painted walls over xmas to put up decorations and cards ect, and they were up for 2 months last year and didnt leave a single mark on the walls.
http://www.3mselect.co.uk/c-247-command-strip-products.aspx

My avatar
Citrus
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Citrus » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Blimey, they look amazing!! I wouldn't even have thought of sticking something up, but maybe that would work... Thanks for the tip :)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:34 pm

No probs. I love them as they hold a decent amount of weight. Ive used them to attach extension cables to a unit that I didnt want to put screws into to ruin it. If you need to use a few of them, they're not that expensive, and im pretty sure its free postage from that WS too

My avatar
Citrus
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Citrus » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 am

Genius! Thank you :)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat