hf1

Recommend me large/XL nappies for DS please

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Recommend me large/XL nappies for DS please

Postby queen bee » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Samuel has just turned 5 and isn't dry at night yet. He's been wearing large standard minkis and longies. But I'm starting to think maybe he actually needs to feel the wet, rather than have the staydry fleece against his botty.

I tried one of Lily's goodmamas on and they still fit ok (maybe a bit skimpy on the butt cheeks :giggle: but fine )

I think I'll be looking for something in bamboo, although he's not a mega wetter.

Any recommendations? I don't want to spend too much. I'm hoping to get them from classifieds (I always try to get second hand when possible)

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Recommend me large/XL nappies for DS please

Postby choccylisa » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Is he nowhere near being dry at night or do you think it's laziness? (Not being rude or anything). My ds1 was exactly the same, and in the end we just left the nappies off, lifted him to the loo before we went to bed every night, stopped him drinking anything from when he'd finished his dinner, and just prayed for the best! He had a few wet nights, we just put a sheet on his bed and worked through it. We was dry within a week though, and 6 weeks later he would get up in the night by himself without us needing to lift him.

With ds1 he was late pt'ing but more because he was SSOOOOO lazy and just couldn't be bothered (typical boy!), so we just took the plunge :wink:

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:38 pm

We've tried the 'cold turkey' approach and had wet bedsheets every night for weeks. I just couldn't take it any more. Maybe we should try it again.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:23 pm

I'd give the 'cold turkey' approach along with impressing upon him how much work it is for you washing all that bedding, lots of encouragement, perhaps some books on the subject, lifting him when you go to bed, potty and night-light/torch in his bedroom
First
Before trying new nappies ;)

Best bet for nappies is to approach some of the wahms and tell them what rise and waist/hips you need and asking for a custom...

Isabelle has a custom Hollow Oak and dunk'n'fluffs... Fluff'n'Stuff Large just about fit her but could do with being bigger all round really...

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:42 pm

deffo try the lift to pee thing first. casey was late learning to night train, and i used to lift her place her on the loo and she'd wee regardless. even if half asleep.x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat