hf1

Holiday nappies - HELP!

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Holiday nappies - HELP!

Postby chocolatemousse » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:29 am

We use bamboo pop-ins which I love and get on brilliantly with. However we're off to Center Parcs next week and I wanted to keep DD in cloth.

I bought a load of Coolababys from here thinking they would be quick to dry (the pop-ins take about 2 days on the airer), but they don't seem to be working for us. Can't get a good fit in the legs and we're getting leaks. I have tried adjusting the rise right down to the smallest setting and also boosting.

I have 15 pop-ins which does us fine at home. The only other nappies I have are 2 BG v3s, a dream dri pop-in, one organic flip and some prefolds/terries.

I don't mind buying some more to use for the holiday then sell (does that sound mad?!), but I really don't want to resort to disposables. She doesn't have problems in sposies, I just don't want to! :giggle:

Any suggestions please?

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Holiday nappies - HELP!

Postby lainey1978 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:11 am

Im away for a long weekend and planning to take about 20 nappies. We are PL at the moment so when inside we are nappyless, so only using 2-3 nappies a day and night nappy (which I only have 2 of). If anything I need another 2 night nappies cause there is no way the will dry when we ate away I struggle as it is!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 pm

How long are you going for? We were talking about this during the summer when everyone was going away & I think we worked out that you need about 5 nappies per 24 hours

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:29 pm

I'd take wraps and prefolds, as the prefolds should dry pretty quickly, particularly as you can put cotton ones on radiators. Have to admit, I always take sposies when we're away for more than 2 days, but if I needed to then I'd take prefolds or pockets with microfibe inserts, which don't sound like they're working for you.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Frances wrote:I'd take wraps and prefolds, as the prefolds should dry pretty quickly, particularly as you can put cotton ones on radiators.

WSS :)

My avatar
happyanne
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby happyanne » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:50 am

I love flats for holidays - easy to wash, easy to dry and very useful in any occasion! :wink:
You can use PUL or wool covers/longies as you like it.

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatemousse » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:51 am

We are going to be away for 6 days. How many days max would you go without washing? We do every second day here and sometimes they're quite whiffy :-?

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:36 pm

We have just been away Friday morning to this afternoon and I took 9 easyfits, 2 wonderoo V2's, 4 dunk n fluffs, 2 LLS day nappies and 2 tots bots stretchies plus 3 night nappies so 22 nappies altogether and I used them all bar one - I would work out how many you use per day usually and add a few for emergencies.

I took a huge wet bag and have split the dirty nappies into two loads for washing (second load in now) - any longer and I would have needed to wash them while we were away - I did look at the launderette but the machines had automatic fabric softner so I couldn't.

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatemousse » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Were you at centerparcs pinksalmon?

I wonder what would happen if I took a bunch of prefolds and washed them with softener once. Would it kill them completely? Couldn't bear to bring 6 days worth of stinking nappies home!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat