hf1

Holiday nappies - HELP!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Holiday nappies - HELP!

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:22 pm

chocolatemousse wrote:Were you at centerparcs pinksalmon?

I wonder what would happen if I took a bunch of prefolds and washed them with softener once. Would it kill them completely? Couldn't bear to bring 6 days worth of stinking nappies home!

No it wouldnt kill them, if your really worried about it then you could just strip them when you get home :wink:

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I've just come back from a week away and took as many easyfits, BGs, BBSS that would fit in an XL wetbag. We only had a washing machine with an 800rpm spin but still managed. Her nappies weren't changed as often as at home though :oops: Would it be the end of the world if you had to tumble dry the inners just whilst you are on holiday? Then you wouldn't have to worry about what to take at all.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:48 pm

chocolatemousse wrote:Were you at centerparcs pinksalmon?

I wonder what would happen if I took a bunch of prefolds and washed them with softener once. Would it kill them completely? Couldn't bear to bring 6 days worth of stinking nappies home!

No Butlins but I think the machines are very similar. If I had needed to wash them I would have just gone for it as a one off though tbh :hug:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi when we went to center parks we took two BG V3 outers, 3 flip covers and 3 packs of disposable flip inserts (cost £10 for 3 from babame) 1 insert lasted 3-4hrs and i used 2 together at night with no probs.

you can either use them with flip covers or put them inside pocket nappies, flip covers can be used a few times if not dirty pockets will obv need to be washed each time but it takes less time for the outers to dry than inners IYSWIM.

The inserts are 97% biodegradable bamboo so u don't need to worry so much about throwing them away :wink:

i could post you one insert i've got spare if you cover the postage :hug:

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatemousse » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 am

little1 wrote:i could post you one insert i've got spare if you cover the postage :hug:

That's a really kind offer, thanks. I have tried one however, and she wee'd through it in about an hour :oops:
I don't think they're for us!

My avatar
kt022010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kt022010 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 pm

We are away for 3 nights this weekend and we are going to use flip covers with smart nappy disposable inserts in- flound the proper flip ones rubbish but the SN ones are quite good.

Mind you, I am waiting on reusable flip inserts that I would use for the last 24 hours of the trip if they get here on time as the idea of 3 days in sposies is quite scary to me- we usually wash when we are away but this weekend we are going to a nice country hotel with no washing facilities (usually it is our caravan, complete with twin tub!)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:34 pm

I'd get another wrap, and take your BG's, the Flip cover, all the prefolds/flats, and a pack or two of disposable Flip inserts. We find these work great as well. Esp if you know when your LO is likely to poo and you use that. Then not as many smelly nappies waiting to come home and be washed :) Are you using the Pop-ins overnight? Maybe take one of those for each night too.

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatemousse » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 am

Well we took a pile of prefolds and some terries (with boosters for nights) along with an assortment of wraps. I washed once on Wednesday morning. The machines were indeed all pre-dosed with powder (2 had non-bio) and softener. I dried them in the drier and they were dry in 45 mins.

The nappies were that weird floppy way after the softener but they still worked. I just made sure I changed every 2 hours. We were in the pool a lot so maybe didn't use as many as at home. I have strip washed everything and it all certainly feels fine although she's been in the pop-ins since we got back so I've yet to test the prefolds.

I feel strangely proud of myself having taken the cloth on holiday :oops:

My avatar
kt022010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kt022010 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:18 am

We are back now too- we took 6 flip covers, 20 inserts, a ME Airflow wrap and a MEOS for night (and some flushable liners) and a pack of smart nappy disposable pads.

We used it all of the types, and handwashed- managed to do poos in the disposable inserts.
The flips were so easy and effective- will use them more now we are home.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat