hf1

Little lamb sizing

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Little lamb sizing

Postby monsterm » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:17 am

Little lamb bamboos were the first nappy I bought & I have always been happy with them. When A turned 9 months, I bought a few size 2 on the classifieds here, all new or only used once or twice. I've never really gotten a great fit with the size 2's, we stuggle with the rise but I assumed it was just A's shape at the moment.

Anyway, so yesterday I run out of clean nappies & I decide, since I had some clean ll boosters, I'd just use a size 1 & boost it (Size 1 apparently fits up to 20lbs & A is barely 15lbs (if that) so I figured the size 1's might be a bit short but it'd do for the couple of hours before bed). Well, I put it on her & it was the exact same fit as the size 2, except a little narrower in the crotch. Cue me running down stairs & pulling a clean size 2 out of the washing machine. Put it up against the size 2 & it's the exact same size (except a little wider in the crotch). No wonder we couldn't get a good fit. All my size 2's seem to be the same. Note that these were bought after the "free" nappy promotion they did. Wonder if they had a faulty batch :-?

I have e-mailed for measurements from them. Anyone know if I have any come back with these considering they have been used?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Little lamb sizing

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:51 am

:-? I sold on my Sz2's for this reason, rise wise they are tiny whereas the Tots Bots were much bigger ... I wonder if you might be right ... would be worth getting in touch with them to ask

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:56 am

interesting as my size 2 is the one I got "free" and Ryan was out of the rise a few months ago. Shame too as it was a good nappy, though he does have a really long rise so I assumed it was just that.

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:44 am

I think from memory it was a known issue a couple of years ago that the size 2 came up small....but could be why you got them 2nd hand, so no leg, sorry!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Got a reply from Vicky @ Little lamb. Apparently the rise is 36cm on a size 1 & 42cm on a size 2. The rise on my size 2's are 32cm relaxed & 38cm at full stretch so not even close :x

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:47 pm

hmmm... off to dig mine out and measure!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Mine is really low on the rise aswell. We only have the free one but will measure it tomorrow!! Thought it was just a low rise nappy TBH, the TB bamboozle size 2 we have is definitely much bigger rise wise!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat