Deffinatly more prefolds but then i have a prefold addiction :oops: :giggle:

Nice little stash going on there :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: What else do i need?

Postby happytails » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Id say IMO you dont really have enough nappies there, you could easily go through 12 in a day. But if you are washing daily and use a dryer it could work.

Id probably buy some more prefolds as these dry quite quickly :wink: and are cheap too. We have 40 X-small/S nappies for DS and will probably be nearer 50 when he arrives in Dec :oops: but i dont really want to be using my dryer all the time and DD is only in night nappies now so wont be washing every day (who am i kidding?)

Sarah x

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Sarah your stash is very impressive but there is no way im going to spend that much money on fancy fitteds and the likes in small sizes, would rather save my pennies and buy gorgeous medium / large ones :)

I will keep my eyes open for some more prefolds - do you all think i will need some more wraps or can i get away with what ive got plus some soakers?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:23 pm

If I could do it all again I would have just stuck with my motherease sandies and not wasted money trying other things. I wish we had more size 2s. I love my weenotions and they always get admired, but really my true love is the bamboo sandies with woolies.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 pm

HighlandMum wrote:Sarah your stash is very impressive but there is no way im going to spend that much money on fancy fitteds and the likes in small sizes, would rather save my pennies and buy gorgeous medium / large ones :)

I will keep my eyes open for some more prefolds - do you all think i will need some more wraps or can i get away with what ive got plus some soakers?

I got most of it preloved on here :wink: and did sell off some of DDs stash to fund bumps stash :giggle:

Sorry for having a bad memory - do you know what you are having or are you not finding out? if you are having another boy perhaps getting a couple of Goodmamas for them to share (or even plain obv ones if you are having a girly), NB prob wont fit them until 6 weeks or so but would be good stash boosting :)

Id say you were ok with the wraps and soakers :) We have 4 PUL wraps, 2 fleece and the rest are woollies. I plan on getting another couple of fleece soakers when snugglebots opens up again :wink:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:42 pm

WE do know what we are having but its top secret ;) I really want to say aswell but family dont know so i dont feel that i can put it on a public forum just in case. Sandy wasnt in cloth til he was 2-3 months old and progressed really quickly into larges (he is actually on a smaller setting of them all now he is mobile and has slimmed down lol) so i have had to get all of bumps stash since i found out i was expecting. The fitteds are all preloved so have been very restrained lol.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:48 pm

HighlandMum wrote:WE do know what we are having but its top secret ;) I really want to say aswell but family dont know so i dont feel that i can put it on a public forum just in case. Sandy wasnt in cloth til he was 2-3 months old and progressed really quickly into larges (he is actually on a smaller setting of them all now he is mobile and has slimmed down lol) so i have had to get all of bumps stash since i found out i was expecting. The fitteds are all preloved so have been very restrained lol.

Ahhh :giggle: Well if i were you (which i wouldnt ever pull off as i cant keep a secret :hohoho: ) i would definitely get a few nappies that will work for both LO's - think things like Goomamas, bububebe, blueberry, bumgenius etc. trade/sell some of sandies stash (the least favourites :lol: ) to swap them over and then just stock up on prefolds and perhaps some diddy diapers - ive heard good things about these, ive bought 4 ( 3 nippa and 1 aplix).

Peachy tots have an offer today, get your postage refunded if you quote 'facebook' in the comments box :) They have diddys on sale atm. I picked up 1 for £3.99 and got a thirsties duo wrap also for £8 something :wine: Think its just today though. They have bumgenius i think too amongst others xx

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm

I ordered a thirties duo wrap and an easyfit from peachy tots today :giggle: I love the easyfits on Sandy (i have a pack of the brights) so want to get some more so i can use them for both children. That will probably be all i have that both can wear, i think number two will probably have thier own stash ;)

I cant imagine selling any of Sandys stash because we really have narrowed it down to what works well for us - DnF and HLs with woolies and easyfits and weenotions side snaps under "real" clothes. I love all his nappies and he is going to be in them for a fair while yet. If i had a slightly bigger gap like you do i would probably get rid of some more of his but i cant bare to loose any lol.

Its good that theres a lot of people just having babies at the moment, hopefully be lots on the classifieds :hohoho:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:25 am

I only had 25 nappies for Iris as a newborn and got away with washing every other day. ;) I'm with you - it seems silly to waste money on a huge newborn stash when they're in them for such little time and you have no idea whether what you've bought will even suit their shape and so work for them! I've just posted Bean's stash on Beth's newborn thread so won't repeat here. But I think I'm going to wait to see what size/shape Bub is and buy accordingly later on. We have enough to get by with washing every other day with what we have, so there's no need to buy in excess.

And just to say, as far as family and friends IRL are concerned we're having a surprise. ;) I figured it would be obvious to people here what we're expecting going on what I buy and post piccies of. And you're all quite unlikely to tell my family, so I don't see the harm. But they don't know you all know, so no telling! :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat