hf1

Newborn stash building

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Newborn stash building

Postby beffys » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:44 am

I plan to be in hospital for as short a stay as possible provided no complications. The sooner I'm off a ward, home and co-sleeping the better. The postnatal wards here are very noisy, I don't want to be away from Ella very long either. Saying that a home birth is totally not for me. It's just DH I need to persuade then where I could get away with a couple of big wet bags to rotate of dirty and clean for him to take home to wash for one or 2 nights max. Or I can get all my sposies and formula for free. :roll:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:48 am

WTF is that big advert on all your posts Beth!?! :-? lol!

Have you got a midwifery led unit near you? That might be a nicer option....quieter and more personal than the hospital but not as ARGH as a homebirth maybe!

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 am

I know, I'm going to make a pile of stuff myself too between prefolds and wool. You know how much nappy fabrics I have? :hohoho: I also can't but fitteds in bamboo hemp. You'll get sick of me asking you to make small nappies. :giggle: I still want to enjoy buying some other more basic fitteds too, but I don't want a lot of variation in stash.

They do have a midwife led unit right upstairs above the consultant led one so might be more of a relaxed option this time around. I think it depends on staffing as to whether you get to use it or not. Last time they had to induce so would have been consultant led anyway. The midwives on delivery ward were great, so I'm not really bothered where and how I labour so long as I can hopefully avoid having a section, I just hated the postnatal stay afterwards and we have far better community midwives than the postnatal ones were.

I bet DH is just going to say lets use disposables in hospital and afterwards, so I'll have to be a right stubborn mare about it. :oops:

I think just not telling anyone and packing all the cloth might well be the best option. If nappies were to run out and DH wouldn't wash them, that would mean it's obviously time to go home and wash some myself. :hohoho:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:10 am

Given how much fabric you send to me, I can imagine how much you must have there :hohoho:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:41 am

Ive counted my stash, so far we have 40. Mostly fitteds. We have 4 pul wraps but only in XS and S as i will be using fleece and wool most of the time :)

We have off the top of my head (plus others as i cant remember all of them!)

4 XS dunk n fluff
2 S dunk n fluff
1 Puddlekins S
2 LHC S+M
1 FF
1 bedbug
2 UDSS
2 WNNL
1 bimble
4 Diddy diapers
1 Sandy (which is supposed to be small but looks HUGE - label is worn too so we will see when it fits)
1 teenyfit (AIO)
3 pockets

Will be getting some prefolds also (looking at 6 pk of swaddlebees)

HTH xx

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 am

Yeah I wasn't sure about the sizing on the XS & S Sandys tbh. I don't see any point in XS for us and S said from 8lbs.

I'm thinking now some proper fitteds from Amber. Basic Sandys and Nature babies, then the rest all prefolds or home made basic bamboo hemp terry fitteds. Just not sure if 35 nappies and 20 prefolds is about right to have 2 sets rotating in the wash. All the wraps / soakers will be wool so I think 9 or 10 should be enough. I'll end up with more wool than that though probably.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:55 am

beffys wrote:All the wraps / soakers will be wool so I think 9 or 10 should be enough. I'll end up with more wool than that though probably.

All goes to pot when wool is involved :giggle:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Im not going to ask about using cloth in hospital ;) I just plan top buy an extra wetbag so theres 2 in rotation and dh will take them home each day (im having a section so will be in for a few days).

So far i have -
7 teenyfits
1 small itti bitti

12 fitteds (tots bots and the like)
5 small prefolds

4 or 5 wraps

I think i will get away with that and some more prefolds, plus some interlock from you and lots of woolies which i will knit myself now ive got the hang of longies :D

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:45 pm

I've got

5 x nb SBOV
1 x xs thirstie
1 x size 0 bimble
10 x 40cm terries
15 x diddy diapers
4 x sm sandys
1 x s1 LL

I'll get some 50 cm terries but then I'm done. The sm sandys are big and didn't fit for quite a while, Isaiah was 7lb 6oz at birth.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat