I have decided to be sensible.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

I have decided to be sensible.

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:17 pm

and get rid of everything that isnt working for us or I dont use :cry:

I have been dithering over it for weeks but after clearing out Ruairidh's room I desided to be ruthless with the cloth too :(

I know I wont regret it (i hope) and I am going to stick with my lovely pockets and AIO's with a few fitteds for runny poos that may bless us over the winter months!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: I have decided to be sensible.

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:31 pm

sigh... pull me on ur nappy wagon mrs! :giggle:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:39 pm

I do think its sensible to stick with what you know works, but saying that i know i have got rid of things in the past that havent been working great for us and then a few months later after Sandy has changed shape or something have wished i had kept hold of them. You can always buy some new goodies with the funds you get from selling though so thats always a plus :D

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:01 pm

HighlandMum wrote:I do think its sensible to stick with what you know works, but saying that i know i have got rid of things in the past that havent been working great for us and then a few months later after Sandy has changed shape or something have wished i had kept hold of them. You can always buy some new goodies with the funds you get from selling though so thats always a plus :D

Yeah I used fitteds more over the summer with no covers but for winter when clothing is needed Im just not a huge fan of the bulk :( He;s quite small too which I dont think helps much.

I never thought I'd love plain and boring but I have to admit I do LOL

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm

I must admit since i got my pack of easyfit brights i have been reaching for them loads. I think we have a good balance with pockets / aio the days Sandy is in "normal" clothes and fitteds under wool :)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 pm

jen u need more obv dunk n fluffs. in medium. they look like ickle pants on taliesin. but then i had him in a small dunk n fluff yesterday by accident. second tightest snaps!lol

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Annika is Oakley still happily in small DnF? Im going to order a couple for bump in the next coop (I love DnF on Sandy he has quite a few now lol) but wasnt sure if i should just go for mediums to grow into as Sandy was in large very early on.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:49 pm

yep :-) small obv ones. small and medium (at night) prints. as i said i can get t in a small obv one. if bought from birth i would say u could see possibly a good 6 months or more in them. i bought mediums and larges in the co op, and found since walking t has slimmed down and is very much still in his mediums and the larges are rather large on him. if i ever have another child i would be ordering smalls not x small. def obv over prints, although prints are still cool. obv will last longer (i like to fluff mine in the tumble dryer when almost dry, they are still like new 4 months later) my best investment has to be the dunk n fluff collection i bought (well, i say collection, only 10)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:51 am

Cheers mdear :) (and sorry Jen for gatecrashing your post!) Sandy has been in larges since he was 6-7months lol but he was such a pudding, now he is mobile and slimmed right down they still fit great on him, thats why i wasnt sure if i should bypass the smalls completely as i would hate to waste money if we arent going to get the use of them.

Maybe i should get a mixture of both depending on what obv colours are offered :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat