hf1

Help! Need some advice on disposables

My avatar
ReallyNotAHippy
Clothie
Clothie

Help! Need some advice on disposables

Postby ReallyNotAHippy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 am

Ok well this may seem really odd to be asking on here, but we're going abroad on holiday soon and will need to buy some disposables to take with us.

DS is 16 months old and we've not used a disposable since he was 6 weeks old, so I feel totally and utterly clueless as to what to get!

Am guessing there are Mamas out there who use disposables occasionally so please can you give me your advice? Non-cloth using friends have suggested Pampers Active Fit & Baby-Dry and Nature Baby but have looked at lots of reviews and they all sound pretty bad - they leak, don't contain poo, don't last the night etc etc. Am thinking at the moment of taking wraps to put over the disposables at night, to avoid any leakage, but surely I shouldn't need to do that?! I don't really want to buy lots of different ones to try in advance, as we're only away for 5 days and I know they won't get used afterwards (plus they seem hideously expensive!)

Any assistance you can give me would be fab - thank you! :D
Last edited by ReallyNotAHippy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Help! Need some advice on disposables

Postby tanya » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am

I wouldn't use Pampers Active Fit - they contain the new Dry Max, which can give your LO a very nasty chemical burn.

I have successfully used Pamper Baby Dry on my very heavy wetting daughter (even at night) when necessary. This is all she wore when we were staying with my parents for 6 weeks before my son was born and have been used on holidays etc as well.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:16 am

I used nature baby ones they were fine, they didnt smell rancid like main brands! I took a bit of cloth too couldnt resist! where are you going on hols?

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Pampers baby dry, huggies super dry and nature babycare all work for us - I've used a small pack of each of these over 2 1/2 years - when we've had d&v in the house and for night time car journeys when a night nappy is way to big for comfort, and they all last the night

Think I prefer the huggies though - a better fit (slightly bigger than Pampers imo).

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Whenever we needed to use sposies we used Lidl's own brand. They're excellent (as sposies go). Much better than any of the main brands, I found.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Nature Baby are good, we always use them. They last well, and don't smell too bad, plus they're low on nasties compared to other brands.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 pm

We use the nature baby ones too - don't smell awful like 'regular' sposies but these do not last my LO through the night. They don't necessarily leak but they are hanging onn by a thread by the moring on the rare occasion we use them.

TBH, I find them fine for day use - they don't leak any quicker than pockets with my heavy-wetter!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:32 pm

I've used Sainsburys own brand in the past and these lasted the night on Dexter and he is a fairly heavy wetter :D

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 pm

We use Huggies, and find they are quite reliable... But for holidays, have you considered buying a pack when you get to your destination? It'll save you having to cart them around...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat