hf1

Is there any such thing as wool interlock nappies?

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Is there any such thing as wool interlock nappies?

Postby mama2boyz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:16 pm

I don't think i've ever seem Elizabeth's bottom and thighs free of any redness :oops: - it's not horrendously red although sometimes is bad.

I thought about trying a wool interlock liner but then again that wouldn't help the redness on her thighs so wondered if there exists wool interlock nappies maybe?

I think she's reacting to the bindings - we use Sandys mainly + wool covers always.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Is there any such thing as wool interlock nappies?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm

yep, beth at lls does wool inner and outer nappies, i have one wool inner, one inner and outer and another on the way. u using liners or anything in her nappies hun?

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mama2boyz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:22 pm

No liners.
I've always found they end up getting scrunched up in the baby's bottom and therefore really difficult to clean!

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 pm

I don't know about the interlock nappies, but R's thighs used to get really bad. I was using fitteds and wool full time then, but since changing to BGs at night and using a mixture of fitteds and AIOs during the day she hasn't had sore legs at all. I think it was her (thunder) thighs rubbing on the outside of the nappy. Do you use wool wraps or longies as wraps might help if it is rubbing that is causing it.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

T has a polyester allergy, and can react to the outers of easyfits,suedecloth, minkee in and out, fleece, cuddlesoft. wool interlock works for him, the nappies are fab, but they are more costly, hence why i have them as night nappies

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Like Annika said, Luscious Little Somethings sell wool nappies. Puddlekins do too. I have a few..

You could try either huge liners that stick out the nappy or crisscross them so they stick out of the leg holes. So long as theyre within the wrap the nappy will work normally and not wick but the legs will be protected. The only time we've had scrumpled liners is when they're not big enough. I tend to use minky ones in every nappy.

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mama2boyz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Interesting...

thanks for the replies

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 pm

have you tried a minkee outer nappy? xx

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:41 pm

I agree with what carolyn suggested if you cant get a wool inner outer nappy. I always had to use fully fleece lined nappies like bambeasy or bumbles or lay a liner across and longways.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat