hf1

What would you do?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: What would you do?

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:46 pm

I wouldnt even consider trying to make these nappies work...deffinatly contact the seller and explain. Tell her that you would like to return the nappies and would like a full refund. If you dont get any joy then you can open a paypal dispute becuase the item is not as described...

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:47 pm

you don't have to ask the sellers permission to send it back, especially if something sold is not fit for purpose ;)

I'd wait for an answer from the lady first, as she might offer a refund for those nappies, or the whole batch...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... in-outside

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:51 pm

What forum did you buy them through?
Hope you get this resolved ASAP. It's really frustrating that some people take the mick, buying second is all about trust! Its just so disappointing that she has possibly put you off from buying second in the future! As the majority of people are decent and trustworthy !
What is this ladies feedback like?

My avatar
HopefulMonster
Clothie
Clothie

Postby HopefulMonster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks so much for the advice ladies, I really appreciate it. Bah I'm just so disappointed more than anything, I'd been looking forward to getting them so much and it was such a letdown and completely unexpected. The lady had good feedback, so I'm honestly not sure if she was deliberately trying to pull a fast one, or if she maybe just didn't check them properly or something. I'd definitely like to think it was an honest mistake.

Hopefully she will reply in the next day or so and will be nice about it rather than turn it into even more of a nightmare. I definitely think in future I will only ever buy from this site, I tell you that much!

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:08 pm

If you do send them back them make sure you send them recorded delivery! I think paypal demand this anyway but even if they don't it means your back is covered as they can't say they never received them.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Definitely send them back and get a refund. If the lady won't accept what you say start a paypal dispute it's in the resolution centre if you click it a box should appear with report a problem use the button to dispute a transaction. Even if you're bought it second hand it should be fit for purpose. As has been said send recorded and you'll more than likely win the dispute and get a refund.

It's probably an over sight on her part not checking them properly bit of a pain for you though.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Awwww :hug: Sorry to hear this has happened, what a disappointment not to mention a PITA!
She should refund you, including postage both ways, if she won't then start a paypal dispute & report her to the forum.
I wouldn't even bother trying to make the work, they sound completely knackered & only fit for the bin.

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:43 am

You've had some excellent advice from the other ladies, I hope the lady comes back to you soon, but if not you should definitely be covered by paypal :hug:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat