hf1

travelling with cloth

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

travelling with cloth

Postby millercl_6 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:44 pm

hi was just wondering what everyone does etc when travelling or away for the weekend and using cloth nappies where do u put them ect im going away for a couple of days and not sure weather to put in dispos nappies for the short break?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: travelling with cloth

Postby babyroo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:47 pm

I've taken a bucket with me when we've travelled or a large wet nappy bag. Both have been fine for a few days away.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Never travelled with cloth as Dj is only 6 weeks. Im sure it's just as easy to use as dispis. Take your bucket along if you have room and wash them when you get home if it's a short break your going on.

Dont feel bad about using dispis tho if you think it'll be easier away :D

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:29 pm

I have been out on weekends and used cloth and never had a problem. I use the wet bag( I carry two) the large one to put used nappies and the other one to take with changing bag when you are out and about.
I do show of the nappies too so always take the best ones. however to make it less smelly for the host I do put them in the nappy sack each> I know not eco friendly but you don't want to put off the host. but if you are going to stay at a B&B I suppose there is no problem.
HTH
sukhi

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:40 pm

when it was just ds1 in cloth we used pocket nappies and just took big wet bags with us for short stays!

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:43 pm

For short trips (e.g. a friend's wedding where we stayed in a hotel) I just took a HUGE wet bag...

For longer trips we've only gone places with washing machines so far so we've just taken normal kit with us to be honest...

I think if we went abroad or stayed somewhere without washing facilities for a week we'd probably have to resort to eco-disps if we could find one she didn't react to!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:48 pm

I have a huge Swaddlebees wet bag which will hold at least 4 days worth of nappies and so for short breaks will just bring them home to wash. Longer holidays I will use cloth as long as we have good washing facilities otherwise we will use disps.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat