Trousers to fit over cloth bums...

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Trousers to fit over cloth bums...

Postby anya1973 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:12 pm

where can I buy them?

What I'm after are the cotton jersey type trousers that just pull on. I got a pair from a charity shop for 50p :D that turned out to be Next ones. This surprised me actually as I used to find their trousers quite small in the rise when DD was in cloth nappies so have tended to avoid them this time round.

I'm sure there was a website that I stumbled across back then, going back about 4 years ago now, :roll: that sold plain trousers in a multitude of colours. All bright ones I seem to remember. They were only about a fiver a pair. Does anyone know the website I mean?

The only one I can find is Cut4cloth and I really can't afford or justify their prices. :shock:

Any other sites that I should look at? Most places seem to be organic which puts the price up even more. :roll: I'm not fussed about organic just want trousers that will fit over a cloth bum. :)

I've got some basic Cherokee jeans which are a good fit but I've found so far that Cherokee clothes are all plastered in slogans which I hate. :evil:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Helen xx

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Trousers to fit over cloth bums...

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14 pm

WEENOTIONS! :lol:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 pm

I was going to say tescos! I have loads of clothes from there that fit great over cloth nappies!

next can be hit an miss, some are great and some are on the small side, same with matalan!

asda I find shrink!

woolworths are fairly roomy I have found.

jan x

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:42 pm

pinkydinkydoo wrote:WEENOTIONS! :lol:

Not sure I can stretch to £10 a pair. :( I'm already lining Suzanne's pockets at the moment with all my nappy purchases. :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 pm

JanX wrote:I was going to say tescos! I have loads of clothes from there that fit great over cloth nappies!

next can be hit an miss, some are great and some are on the small side, same with matalan!

asda I find shrink!

woolworths are fairly roomy I have found.

jan x

Hmm....perhaps will have to venture further afield to a bigger Tesco store. Ours seems quite limited in it's boys range of clothing. :roll:

The funny thing about next is that once my dd potty trained she needed much slimmer cut trousers as she was so diddy and skinny. :lol:

I'm nowhere near an asda. funny that you find woolworths roomy - I find them quite small but saying that that is the older children's clothing - not had much experience of the baby stuff.

Helen xx

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Im not having that trouble yet as Dj ia still in sleepsuits most of the time. I go for Next mainly. Could you go up a size :? but then they might be a little long :roll:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:12 pm

nicola g wrote:Could you go up a size :? but then they might be a little long :roll:

not if you get crop pants in the bigger size :wink: (I have done that before too!!)

jan x

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:13 pm

ahh yes, good idea :mrgreen:

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Liv now recently potty trained but know what you mean about Next sizing. We did find that Woollies clothes come up larger, in the baby sizes that is. Bought a lovely bright pair of trackie bottoms from H&M recently that I think would fit a cloth bum.
Also a while back stumbled across some leggings in Tesco that seemed to have been made specifically for cloth - what a pleasant surprise! Guess you would need a larger branch.
Might be worth checking out Ebay for Cut4Cloth.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat