hf1

Trousers to fit over cloth bums...

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Trousers to fit over cloth bums...

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:43 am

do you sew at all? its super easy to make a pair of trousers, even wthout a sewing machine! ivve made a few pairs, as well as fleece longies and i really like them :) they dont look really professional but still very wearable! xx

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:36 am

I get my kids stuff in tesco and woolworths, somtimes primark if i can stand the hecticness of it all. All of those places sell trousers with adjustable waists which seem to be more roomy than ones without.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:03 am

interestingly, I found I had trouble from 12-18m with trousers but then this improved when she moved into 18-24m although I still had to be careful. However I recently bought a bundle of clothes from ebay and the 2-3yrs Next trousers are a perfect fit! I was really surprised. And Charlotte is quite chunky! I would definately say the 12-18m period was the worst.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:17 pm

nicola g wrote:Im not having that trouble yet as Dj ia still in sleepsuits most of the time. I go for Next mainly. Could you go up a size :? but then they might be a little long :roll:

I've always found next really small fitting. :( Plus I'm a skinflint when it comes to clothes. :wink: :lol: Think next is way overpriced for what it is.

Cole is growing so ridiculously fast he doesn't stay in one size for long. :roll:

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:21 pm

gayleygoo wrote:do you sew at all? its super easy to make a pair of trousers, even wthout a sewing machine! ivve made a few pairs, as well as fleece longies and i really like them :) they dont look really professional but still very wearable! xx

I can sew actually and do have a sewing machine. It's quite hard to find fabric though in my area of the country. There seems to be no fabric shops/market stalls left now. :(

I made Cole's first two snowsuits actually. He's grown out of them now so I'm going to sell them. :(

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:23 pm

pinkydinkydoo wrote:I get my kids stuff in tesco and woolworths, somtimes primark if i can stand the hecticness of it all. All of those places sell trousers with adjustable waists which seem to be more roomy than ones without.

Hmmm...no Primark anywhere close to us. The nearest one is quite a distance but I might have to persuade husband that we need a trip there sometime. :wink:

I found some jeans and trousers in Tesco today, in size 6-9 months, that will fit him hopefully with the bottoms rolled up. :lol: He's only 15 weeks old (I think!) but is very long anyway without adding to that the cloth bum! :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Charliemum wrote:interestingly, I found I had trouble from 12-18m with trousers but then this improved when she moved into 18-24m although I still had to be careful. However I recently bought a bundle of clothes from ebay and the 2-3yrs Next trousers are a perfect fit! I was really surprised. And Charlotte is quite chunky! I would definately say the 12-18m period was the worst.

It's very strange isn't it? I remember when Anya potty trained she had to go down a size in trousers. :lol: :lol: It became a lot harder to find trousers that would stay up on her as she was very skinny at the time and lost her big cloth bum too. :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Thu May 01, 2008 5:24 am

Have you looked at tinkertogs.co.uk? I've never ordered anything from them but their prices are cheaper than cut4cloth.

Other than that, I have found some very roomy trousers in h&m and some good stretchy ones in m&s and lots of dungarees in osh kosh.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat