Nappies for 6yr old

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Nappies for 6yr old

Postby knees_on » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi,
Just wondered if any of you have any ideas where to find cloth for a chunky 6 yr old. My neighbour wants some as has been used dispos but now wants him to feel wet to maybe kick in the reflex. She used cloth on both her boys not sure why she's switched to dispos but wants to switch back but feels limited for nappies for older children.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Nappies for 6yr old

Postby beck » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 pm

if you contact some wahms they may be able to do some custom ones for her

My avatar
Tootsgirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tootsgirl » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Nappies by Minki make nappies for older children

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:52 pm

We had customs from Puddlekins, Puddlepants, Luscious Little Somethings and we used Holden's Landings Bedbugs in the largest size - my 7yr old has only been dry at night for the last few months.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:27 pm

An easy option is to put a flannel inside the disp pants if that makes sense? Like a stay-wet liner ;)

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Samuel is 5 and isn't dry at night. We use large standard minkis (pockets and fleece lined so no good for the wet feeling). Large dunk n fluufs and fluff n stuffs fot ds but not sure they would fit a big 6 year old. Size 3 stuffies are big. Twinkle on the web have a few size 3 nappy nations bamboos left, which are mahoosive. I've just bought some for Samuel and they are great.
Large minki huggles are also really big - but I've never used one of those.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Size Two Popngros (Make sure they're size 2 and not BTP ;) ) but they have the fleece liner so like Steph suggested a layer of flannel would be a good stay-wet layer.
My DD is 3 next month, but is in 6-7/7-8 clothes :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: And they fit her lovely :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:32 pm

queen bee wrote:Samuel is 5 and isn't dry at night. We use large standard minkis (pockets and fleece lined so no good for the wet feeling). Large dunk n fluufs and fluff n stuffs fot ds but not sure they would fit a big 6 year old.

Isabelle is four and none of those nappies fit her!! :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
queen bee wrote:Samuel is 5 and isn't dry at night. We use large standard minkis (pockets and fleece lined so no good for the wet feeling). Large dunk n fluufs and fluff n stuffs fot ds but not sure they would fit a big 6 year old.

Isabelle is four and none of those nappies fit her!! :giggle:

Its funny how they are all different. :lol: Ryan (age 5) wears Minkis and DnFs although I've just ordered him an XL DnF as the Ls are getting a bit snug. Toddler Hollow Oaks fit him well too.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat