hf1

How many specific Night Nappies?

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

How many specific Night Nappies?

Postby HannahBanana » Wed May 02, 2007 6:57 pm

Erin has just pooed again in her minki just after I got her ready for bed and her other minki is in the wash ggggrrrrrr! :x

I did order a spare on sunday (not here yet) but now I wish I'd ordered 2. Basically it was my intention to wash every 2 days but if she poos in her bedtime nappy it throws everything out of sync! because now i need to wash because I don't have a nappy for tomorrow night but I've only just done a wash today and have 10 nappies nice and clean ready to go in the draw!

How many do you have for bedtime? do you have specific bedtime nappies? Erin is in a fuzzi now so hoping she'll be ok... i did stuff it more than I did last time lol!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:00 pm

We just have the two at moment. I have a slinki minki pocket and a fluffle. I did have a huggle but found it very slow to dry so sold that on. I need another night nappy, i did get a bamboo quikflip today and i have heard these are great night nappies so that maybe our 3rd one. :D

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed May 02, 2007 7:30 pm

I've got the standard minki but think i probably would have been ok with the slinki. Not too fussed though as they do the job and her big bum makes me laugh!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 02, 2007 7:36 pm

I've got 1 huggle, 1Stuffie, 1 hemp and terry Stuffie, 2 bumbles and a home made similar to hemp/terry stuffie - so thats 6. Don't forget though I have no central heating so in the winter I needed this many to survive and before I'd made one I was struggling and had to use a stuffed fluffle (hate them overnight and its really emergency for me) when I had to. Now I have Baby Beehinds Bamboo I would always use them as my emergency overnight and had I discovered them earlier I would use them as my night nappy. I use only wool wraps at night. Used to use pul and it was ok, tried fleece once and hated it (although Louis was very young) but think wool does all and more than fleece with less washing!! I would think 4 would be a good number so you never have to stress about if you have one ready!! :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm

HannahBanana wrote:I've got the standard minki but think i probably would have been ok with the slinki. Not too fussed though as they do the job and her big bum makes me laugh!

Know what you mean about the big bum look, evies looks massive in hers but it does a fab job overnight for us so not bothered, plus big bums are in...........in cloth anyway!! :lol: :wink:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed May 02, 2007 8:08 pm

Connor often poos in his night nappy too, usually about 10mins after he wakes up. I lift him, bf, then let him have a crawl around for 5 mins and during that time it often happens. But tbh I'd rather that than change him, go downstairs, and be changing him again within 5 mins as nappy changes are a bit of a warzone at the moment!! So giving him the 5 mins morning exercise before changing is a deliberate thing.
But for some reason my washing does get out of sync, I think because three of my four night nappies are so slow to dry and I don't have a dryer. I've got a huggle, bumble, hemp/terry stuffie, and minki. I've never actually run out of night nappies, but it's been a close call on a few occasions of 'only just about dry in time for bedtime'. I only recently started using the minki, but I really like it as it dries so quickly compared to the other three, and it's just a matter of always having some dry boosters, which I can just about manage!
Amanda x

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Thu May 03, 2007 8:45 am

We have four night nappies, all bamboo baby beehinds in different colours. We think they are just fab for nights :D :D but I think with winter coming I may need to invest in some quicker drying alternatives :wink:

Sam...

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri May 04, 2007 11:16 am

i have 4 night nappies too, 2 bamboo kiwis and 2 bambeasys. only had 3, but i had enough nappies to wash only every 2-3 days instead of on the dot of 2, so 4 became 'necessary!'
i also have 2 bamboo baby beehinds which work well at nights for emergencies, but i dont really like the fit of them, but they are some of my very few fun coloured nappies, so i dont think i'm able to let them go!!
i do have a tumble dryer, and do use it a bit on my nappies, but as i want them to last for my kids and then beable to pass them on, i'm a bit wary of tumbling too much, and therefore need more! (or thats my excuse anyway!!)
Shevi

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:36 am

I now have another night nappy, a bamboo kiwi too Shevi. It arrived 2 days ago and after it's prewash it was ready to wear last night. Evie wore it un boosted as someone had told me they are fine without boosting and her longies over top and she was dry this morning. So pleased...so that takes us upto 3 night nappies now :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat