hf1

Would you do it?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Would you do it?

Postby evansmummy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:51 pm

I've got the opportunity to have 10cotton sandys, brand new for a low price. I had intended to get bamboo, but am wondering wether to get these add the bamboo boosters then top the stash up with bamboo sandys too. Obviously I have no idea what kind of wetter baby will be...anyone used the cotton ones?? What are they like for absorbency? :hug:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Would you do it?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:14 pm

I have hun, it was my main staple when ethan was about 6 weeks to about 7 or 8 months but mainy because I didn't know any better. The bamboo ones are a lot, lot better imo though. They are much, much softer and they absorb so much more. I am going to replace my xs ones for this new baby if all goes well with the bamboo ones. In fact I am going to replace all my cotton nappies for bamboo ones xx

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm

I used cotton sandys with DS. By 4 months they were struggling to cope with the wee but I didn't know about bamboo boosters back then, I found the cotton diddys more absorbent. I use bamboo sandys now as night nappies and they take forever to dry. They are much softer and nicer than the cotton ones but I wouldn't use them much in my daytime stash as they take so long to dry.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:15 am

I'd say it depends what size you're getting. I had a small Sandy's for Iris, which fitted her from birth to well past a year old; I sold hers on before she outgrew it. Ours was bamboo, but it still had to be boosted as Iris got bigger, so for that reason I'd avoid small cotton. But I have bought xsmall cotton Sandy's to use with this baby. I don't think they'll last for long, so there's no need for them to be bamboo (he'll outgrow, rather than outpee them, I think). If I'm wrong, I'll boost. No drama. :)

My avatar
kt022010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kt022010 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:29 am

I would get them, and then add a bamboo booster if needs be. We have 5 cotton smalls that I am hoping are going to work for a while before our fuzzi bunz fit.

My avatar
happyanne
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby happyanne » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:08 pm

I like the cotton ones better, though the bamboo ones are more stetchy and softer!
But I think the cotton Sandy's are more absorbant! :cool:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat