hf1

Advice please

My avatar
J19
Clothie
Clothie

Advice please

Postby J19 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi just looking for some advice on best wraps, would like something cute and girly, to use with my fitted bamboo nappies
also any recommendations on a night nappy, love the look of ecobubs wool
and finally have been trying out a few pockets
ecobubs pocket, mini lala, urban fluff, wnss and coolababy trying to find what works for us any advice on what to try next? thanks a million for reading x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Advice please

Postby ladybird » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:16 pm

If you use wool covers then what about a knitted soaker? Lots of the WAHMs here make them.
Our fav PUL wraps (way back when we used them) were WeeNotions.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:18 pm

The very best wraps I have found are Thirsties Duo, you can get them from Peachy Tots or Kittykins, they have rise poppers so are totally adjustable and come in poppers or velcro/applix, they have leg gussets to keep even the worst poo-explosions in - they do some really nice colours and a couple of cute prints too (I have 6!)

Pockets - try a Tots Bots Easyfit V2 again some fab prints, I love ours and want more!

Night Nappies, I LOVE my LLS Nights, but they will be shut for customs now as Amber (one of the WAHM's) is having her baby soon, so it will be next year before you can get an instock. Other than that I like my WNNN's

HTH!

My avatar
J19
Clothie
Clothie

Postby J19 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks for advice guys, was thinking about knitting a soaker myself, will definitely do that, do you just use a heavily boosted nappy underneath for night?

Loving the totsbots patterns, very cute, hoping to sell on two nappies I bought that didn't work out and buy some more :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:55 am

J19 wrote:Thanks for advice guys, was thinking about knitting a soaker myself, will definitely do that, do you just use a heavily boosted nappy underneath for night?

Loving the totsbots patterns, very cute, hoping to sell on two nappies I bought that didn't work out and buy some more :D

Just use you normal nappy under wool, no extra boosting needed unless that is what you have to do any way, the wool does need to be lanolised though.

Out of the nappies you have tried is there any you prefer and what inserts are you using? xx

My avatar
J19
Clothie
Clothie

Postby J19 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Kirsty, thanks for that, hopefully I'll get round to knitting it soon, have a long list of things I've been meaning to do lol
my favourites have to be my little comforts bamboo ones, I use the original boosters (fleece lined bamboo) but think my favourite pocket has been a toss up between the ecobubs (original insert, not sure what it is?) or one of the wnss with a hemp or bamboo insert, I've found that everything else leaks pretty badly for us :(

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:39 am

J19 wrote:Thanks for advice guys, was thinking about knitting a soaker myself, will definitely do that, do you just use a heavily boosted nappy underneath for night?

Yes i would either use a heavily bosted nappy or a dedicated night nappy (weenotions night notions/puddlekins night nappy/Holdens landing bedbug etc) under the wool for it to last all night...wool is magic but the nappy does need to be absorbant enough to last your LO all night :)

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:20 am

Nature babies do some nice girly prints too.

My avatar
J19
Clothie
Clothie

Postby J19 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Well I tried out an itti tutto today and it worked really well,k had heard they were quite bulky but was much less so than my little comforts.
Miranda I did see someone selling naturebabies wraps and they looked cute, do you find them leakproof?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat