hf1

Who was worried about Stump infection from nappies

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Who was worried about Stump infection from nappies

Postby wytch » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:23 am

I think its charribunny but I'm not sure. Out of all the nappies I've tried on isabell 40cm bamboo terries are by far the lowest. Everything else sits just under which rubs or sits on it. Will up load I pic of her in her in one for u soon. pic added

Last edited by wytch on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Who was worried about Stump infection from nappies

Postby choccylisa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 am

I used 60cmx60cm terries folded over a few times with Kellan, and although bulky they never rubbed on his umbilical cord either.

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby calliflower » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Fold the front down like you would do on a btp nappy and then angle the tabs so that the stump area is free. You can get even the biggest nappies to fit like this. I used size 1 nippa tots bots with cotton bottoms wraps (no elastic at the front) like this and DS's cord was fine and was healed and off by 5 days.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Wow thats fantastic, it was me!! How did you fold it? How much does she weigh?? Sorry for all the questions. i have tonnes of 40cm bamboo squares!!

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Izzy was 7lb 5oz born and went down to 7 and she is just under her birth weight in the pic. I did the basic kite fold with u take the corners and gold them to the middle then fold it in 3 like a prefold and nipa. Can do pics of the fold if u need them. I'm going to try a bat fold next so will let u know. These are so very trim its fab

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:56 pm

wytch wrote:Izzy was 7lb 5oz born and went down to 7 and she is just under her birth weight in the pic. I did the basic kite fold with u take the corners and gold them to the middle then fold it in 3 like a prefold and nipa. Can do pics of the fold if u need them. I'm going to try a bat fold next so will let u know. These are so very trim its fab

I have played and am hopeless :oops: :oops: If you ever find time to do pics that would be great. Not sure they going to fit my boy, i do big babies :hohoho:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:04 pm

charlibunny wrote:
wytch wrote:Izzy was 7lb 5oz born and went down to 7 and she is just under her birth weight in the pic. I did the basic kite fold with u take the corners and gold them to the middle then fold it in 3 like a prefold and nipa. Can do pics of the fold if u need them. I'm going to try a bat fold next so will let u know. These are so very trim its fab

I have played and am hopeless :oops: :oops: If you ever find time to do pics that would be great. Not sure they going to fit my boy, i do big babies :hohoho:

You could try 50cms. I used them with Katie and they were quite trim fitting too. Or get some of these :twisted: :lol:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Louise wrote:
charlibunny wrote:

You could try 50cms. I used them with Katie and they were quite trim fitting too. Or get some of these :twisted: :lol:

OMG LOUISE you found it!!!!!! i have 2 very baby pockets and LOVE them.... please please tell me how to find them.....

Gah i have 40cm squares anyone wanna swap lol???

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:27 pm

charlibunny wrote:OMG LOUISE you found it!!!!!! i have 2 very baby pockets and LOVE them.... please please tell me how to find them.....

Gah i have 40cm squares anyone wanna swap lol???

Click on the picture. :wink: Linda is lovely and is happy to do customs.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat