hf1

Prefolds or fitteds?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Prefolds or fitteds?

Postby evansmummy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:30 pm

For a newborn what's more obsorbant/reliable?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Prefolds or fitteds?

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm

I love both :)

Fitteds offer better containment but prefolds are cheaper and more versatile... If nippa'd they also offer fair containment!!

I dont think absorbancy is much of an issue tbh becuase your changing them so often anyway...

We used newborn prefolds along with a mix of NE/small fitteds (sandies, lovables, thirsties etc) and i dont think there was much between them really :)

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:37 pm

what I like about prefolds is you can nippa on a little one for a trim nappy and use as a pad fold when older and if you use bamboo or hemp they are easily as absorbant as a fitted and very trim:D id have to have a few pretty fitteds too tho but would mainly have prefolds :D

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:38 pm

I was hoping you'd reply :D

Maybe a mix of both then? I'm kind of leaning towards the simplicity of prefolds for the beginning, this is to confusing!!!! :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 pm

I used bambino mio prefolds with Amy and hated them as they leaked onto the wrap virtually every time. (although I only pad folded them, didn't know about nippas at that time :oops: ) After that awful experience I never used them again until I got 2 free ones from Debbie @ Fluff n Stuff for organising the co-ops. If I was to get any they'd definitely have to be dyed BV but what's putting me off is you can't nippa BV and that's what I'd want to do. :? I may well order one or two made from BV/BT mix from the OWW co-op to try though. :oops: :lol: .

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Louise wrote:I used bambino mio prefolds with Amy and hated them as they leaked onto the wrap virtually every time. (although I only pad folded them, didn't know about nippas at that time :oops: ) After that awful experience I never used them again until I got 2 free ones from Debbie @ Fluff n Stuff for organising the co-ops. If I was to get any they'd definitely have to be dyed BV but what's putting me off is you can't nippa BV and that's what I'd want to do. :? I may well order one or two made from BV/BT mix from the OWW co-op to try though. :oops: :lol: .

This is where I'd get my prefolds....I have one coming from her,an am pondering wether to order more in the co op. They can be nippaed can't they? Decisions decisions Louise :hohoho:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:17 pm

evansmummy wrote:
Louise wrote:I used bambino mio prefolds with Amy and hated them as they leaked onto the wrap virtually every time. (although I only pad folded them, didn't know about nippas at that time :oops: ) After that awful experience I never used them again until I got 2 free ones from Debbie @ Fluff n Stuff for organising the co-ops. If I was to get any they'd definitely have to be dyed BV but what's putting me off is you can't nippa BV and that's what I'd want to do. :? I may well order one or two made from BV/BT mix from the OWW co-op to try though. :oops: :lol: .

This is where I'd get my prefolds....I have one coming from her,an am pondering wether to order more in the co op. They can be nippaed can't they? Decisions decisions Louise :hohoho:

:giggle: Only the terry/BV mix ones can be nippa'd as the outer is terry I think. The pure BV ones can't, that's why I'm waivering. :?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Its the BV/Terry I have coming...this newborn nappy lark is no fun :giggle:

I think il get a few...and then see.. :lol:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 pm

I think im missing out...I have only ever had cotton prefolds...thats all i use now :oops: Never tried BV ones...maybe now is the time :twisted:

ETA the only problem with that is that i might end up needing a whole stahs of them and i know i couldnt have one :cry: :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat