hf1

Nappies for under 6lb babies

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Nappies for under 6lb babies

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:39 pm

What nappies would fit a smaller baby? I know there are alot of newborn nappy threads but this is a bit more specific IMO :wink: After my scare in hospital and on and off pains its suddenly hit home that there is every chance now that this baby could come early! :shock: Looking through our newborn nappy stash most of it is to fit 7-8lb babies and bigger.

DD was term and only weighed 6lbs 9 so im thinking if this LO does come early he is going to be anywhere from 4lbs (going off what they expect him to be if he is born soon) to 6-7lbs.

What nappies are going to be best? I have plenty of muslins but not sure how to fold them or use them as a nappy :oops:

Thanks xx

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Nappies for under 6lb babies

Postby Caroline » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Teenyfits, XS Sandys, XS Thirsties. Mutts are quite small too arent they???

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Prefolds and terry squares! Can be folded down so easily to fit, I used the large 60cm x 60cm terries with Kellan from birth and just folded them down, so the 40 x 40's would be fine. Just google "fold terry nappies" and it'll come up with some places, or look on You Tube, there's vids on there to show you :wink:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:19 pm

choccylisa wrote:Prefolds and terry squares! Can be folded down so easily to fit, I used the large 60cm x 60cm terries with Kellan from birth and just folded them down, so the 40 x 40's would be fine. Just google "fold terry nappies" and it'll come up with some places, or look on You Tube, there's vids on there to show you :wink:

I think i have some cotton 40x40s we use as tea towels :oops: :giggle: nice and cheap lol

Caroline wrote:Teenyfits, XS Sandys, XS Thirsties. Mutts are quite small too arent they???

I only have 2 teenyfits from that list :-? I have some diddy diapers and a bimble, off to see what size range they are...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Diddy diapers fit Kieren at his lowest weight of 7lbs but obv thats not as tiny as you were thinking, they may have fit from smaller...XS sandies and XS thirsties def would have fit sooner! :) :hug:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Size 1 Stretchies are meant to fit from 5lb

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Rumparooz Lil' Joey pockets are teeny. Mothercare newborn smart nappies are also really small, I've bought loads for bump.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:29 pm

nippa the muslins, nice and trim and dry uber fast even in winter. i think i used the jo fold, which you should be able to find if you google.

eta: i had 80cm muslins and a 9lb baby... even then when i had to fold the corners into the middle, i went beyond the middle iygwim to make it smaller overall. for a sub-6lb'er you'd probably have to fold corner-to-corner in both directions to halve the size of it, assuming your muslins are the same size.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Diddies say 4lb something so thats good :wine: bimble just said from birth :-? but it does looks quite small

I got a small sandy but that looks Huuuuuge! are the XS ones alot smaller? x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat