hf1

Suggestions as what else to get.

My avatar
Night Garden
Clothie
Clothie

Suggestions as what else to get.

Postby Night Garden » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:20 am

Hi, I apologise now if this is in the wrong section. I am hoping someone can give me some idea and advice. As you can see I am new to this forum and to cloth ( 4 months). Basically I need to know what else do I need to get and if what I have it ideal. I would like to try and get from one place as I still need to use my council incentive of £50.

16 mother ease birth to potty but I do need to get the snap in boosters. Are they any good or should I think about other types?

I do use terries and have 5 pocket nappies, one lollipop, 10 tot bot bamboozle ( size one) 3 itti bitti (2 medium 1 small) 6 mother ease wraps medium and small, 3 junior joy wraps and 2 tot bot fleece wraps, 20 Sandy's for after she is one year old size.

All of these were given to me so I really have no idea what else I will need. I have yet to use cloth at night and would like too. I have started ploughing through the night thread for 'best' night ones.

So besides looking into some night nappies and boosters what else will I need to get? I really want to make the most of my £50.
Thank you.

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Suggestions as what else to get.

Postby sammijayne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:23 am

hiya, no particular suggestions for wich nappy but im verry impressed at the council thing!! would love if ther had that here :wine: happy shopping :mrgreen:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Personally i wouldnt bother with the ME BTP nappies. We didnt get on with the ones we had when DD was younger and they are massive and bulky :oops:

Do you get on with the tots bots bamboozles? Might be best getting a few in size 2. Little lamb do a good fitted bamboo nappy also. Totsbots do easyfits - which are an all in one, think they are about £18 each though but they've had good reviews. Bumgenius are popular pockets but their inserts are microfibre so you might need to buy your own inserts to get them to last a reasonable amount of time.

It depends i guess more on what you are preferring out of what you have....do you have a heavy wetter? Bamboo would be better than cotton in that case. Are you happy with fitted and a wrap/wool/fleece or would you prefer more pockets/aios?

Hopefully someone will be able to help more soon xx

My avatar
Night Garden
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Night Garden » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks for that. I have yet to use the ME as I do find them bulky, maybe when she is older they may come in handy. Seems a shame to waste them even if I just have them for around home. I do like to Tot bots but find they take ages to dry. I have realised that I have some pre folds so am going to get some wraps for them and try those as well.
She is not really a heavy wetter can go through the night in a nappy and not be too full in the morning.
Think maybe I just use the £50 to get wraps and then when she grows out of the size one look at other options.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:59 pm

ME one size are bulky but they do make good night nappies so you could maybe try that.

My avatar
Night Garden
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Night Garden » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Caroline wrote:ME one size are bulky but they do make good night nappies so you could maybe try that.

Thanks for that suggestion, would I just need to get a wool or fleece wrap for them? Would ant type fit?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:05 pm

I use fleece but DS is a light wetter. Its up to you really, just whatever works.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm

We used MEOS with the snap in booster as our staple nappy for DS and then for our nursery nappy for DD. They are bulky when lo is small but not so bad later on. They did the job and were pretty bombproof, especially when being used by lots of different people so they do have their place - especially as you already have them. They can be used with pretty much any wrap, fleece, wool etc.

It is a matter of trial and error to see what suits and you can always sell on what doesn't work for you. Little Lambs are always a good option - their bamboo nappy is lovely. It all depends if you get hooked on all the pretty nappies available!! :giggle:

Cathleen xx

My avatar
Night Garden
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Night Garden » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks Cathleen.
I do love all the cute nappies and wraps and didn't realise how many options there were. But with winter and her bum not on show I am happy to stick with some what less 'wow' ones. Maybe in the summer I might go for other options. They are very tempting though.
All the advice has been great.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat