hf1

I really really dont want to use sposies at all.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

I really really dont want to use sposies at all.

Postby megansmummy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:55 pm

i know there are alot of newborn cloth threads around at the moment but i really really want to avoid sposies...I wanted to with megan and kieren and for various reasons (c-sections, hospital stays etc) I just never got organised enough for it to happen and i know this is my last chance! :|

So im having a sceduled c-section (hopefully at 38-39 weeks FC!) so the MW will put the nappy on the baby in theatre, i dont plan on asking if its ok to use cloth really, i think i will just take it with me...but i need somthing that will be ok for the midwives to use for the first few nappy changes...hubby will be with me for a few hours after the birth but then when he goes home that evening i will probably need the midwives to help change baby's nappy through the first night...

I have diddys, lovables, newborn prefolds, NB/XS very baby fitteds (co-op)...but im wondering if it would be easier to use an NB AIO/pocket so thats its easier for them? (im pondering the teenyfits or XS BG AIO's?) or do i just take what i have and 'direct' the midwives? (was thinking the fitteds and wraps not the prefolds) :-?

What would you do?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: I really really dont want to use sposies at all.

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:56 pm

teenyfit ;)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:58 pm

I would probably just get 1 Tots teenyfit as their very first nappy if I felt as strongly as you do. You dont want the MW keeping the baby any longer than is necessary and they are as easy to use as a sposie.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Teenyfit or the BG aio :wink: I have both for bumps stash, just ilke a sposie they cant really go wrong... :mrgreen:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:05 pm

My 3 have been in cloth from birth but I was able to put their first nappy on. If you or hubby aren't able to do it I'd definitely go with an AIO.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I thought teenyfits might be the way forward :giggle:

i think i have more chance i winning the lottery than getting some of these on classfieds though!! :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:07 pm

I had a small BG AIO that fit Iris from birth - although she was big! So I'd be tempted by one of those, for ease.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm

I would say any NB aplix pocket/aio. When izzy goes to creche there are 3 mums who use cloth and the creche worker said last week that she was glad i bought my nappies in! They were BG aplix, UD aplix and funky nappy aplix. She said they are just like disposables so they can't really argue :wink:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm

I had a look at Kerrys xs fuzzi today, and think I'm gonna get a few small fuzzis and a few bg aio smalls too as I might be in the same boat, and certainly don't want them to get funny about it, so the easier the better. Plus at least they're pretty idiot proof for dh :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat